WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram Down for Users Across the Globe
Highlights of the Story
- Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram are now down globally.
- The issues reportedly started surfacing from 9 PM IST.
- Here is what Facebook has to say about it.
Facebook is facing technical issues and down for thousands of users worldwide. However, the outage is not limited to Facebook. WhatsApp and Instagram, which are owned by the social media giant, are now down as well. In addition, Oculus VR is facing issues as well.
WhatsApp took to their official Twitter handle to state a thing or two on this major issue. They state that, “We’re aware that some people are experiencing issues with WhatsApp at the moment. We’re working to get things back to normal and will send an update here as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!”
In recent times, we have seen the social media giant go down, alongside the applications that it owns. Besides, the major outage issue has not hit just a select number of devices. It is not just limited to Android or iOS devices. The outage has hit both these platforms simultaneously. From the looks of it, the servers of the applications are facing some major issues.
WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook Outage: What More?
In addition, Instagram took to their official Twitter handle to post something as well. Their tweet read as, “Instagram and friends are having a little bit of a hard time right now, and you may be having issues using them. Bear with us, we’re on it!”
Further, there is a website called DownDetector which tracks the activities of social media applications. This include WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram as well. Going by the website, we can see a sharp spike in user complaints from 9PM IST. This suggests that the three applications were actually hit by the outage around that time itself. As per this website, over 20,000 users started reporting issues around that time.
On the other hand, WhatsApp was down for over 14,000 users and Instagram was down for roughly 3000 users around that time. Facebook is the largest social media platform in not just India but the world. The social media giant has over 410 million users in India. In addition, WhatsApp is the largest social media messaging app with over 530 million users. Lastly, Instagram has a user base of over 210 million in the country. These figures are staggering and we hope Facebook fixes the issue as soon as possible.
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why we think iPhone 13 is essentially FAILED in India.
- Should you buy the OnePlus 9 in late 2021?