WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram Down for Users Across the Globe
Table Of Contents
- 1WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook Outage: What More?
Highlights of the Story
- Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram are now down globally.
- The issues reportedly started surfacing from 9 PM IST.
- Here is what Facebook has to say about it.
Facebook is facing technical issues and down for thousands of users worldwide. However, the outage is not limited to Facebook. WhatsApp and Instagram, which are owned by the social media giant, are now down as well. In addition, Oculus VR is facing issues as well.
WhatsApp took to their official Twitter handle to state a thing or two on this major issue. They state that, “We’re aware that some people are experiencing issues with WhatsApp at the moment. We’re working to get things back to normal and will send an update here as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!”
In recent times, we have seen the social media giant go down, alongside the applications that it owns. Besides, the major outage issue has not hit just a select number of devices. It is not just limited to Android or iOS devices. The outage has hit both these platforms simultaneously. From the looks of it, the servers of the applications are facing some major issues.
WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook Outage: What More?
In addition, Instagram took to their official Twitter handle to post something as well. Their tweet read as, “Instagram and friends are having a little bit of a hard time right now, and you may be having issues using them. Bear with us, we’re on it!”
Further, there is a website called DownDetector which tracks the activities of social media applications. This include WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram as well. Going by the website, we can see a sharp spike in user complaints from 9PM IST. This suggests that the three applications were actually hit by the outage around that time itself. As per this website, over 20,000 users started reporting issues around that time.
On the other hand, WhatsApp was down for over 14,000 users and Instagram was down for roughly 3000 users around that time. Facebook is the largest social media platform in not just India but the world. The social media giant has over 410 million users in India. In addition, WhatsApp is the largest social media messaging app with over 530 million users. Lastly, Instagram has a user base of over 210 million in the country. These figures are staggering and we hope Facebook fixes the issue as soon as possible.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…