Moreover, users have till February 8, 2021, to accept these in order to continue using the platform. Some users got the notification on Tuesday, many received it on Wednesday. The notification is going to all the WhatsApp users of both Android and iOS.
The update states that the platform offers some optional features. In turn, they require WhatsApp to collect more information to provide these features to users who opt for them. As deemed appropriate by the platform, the users would be updated about such a collection of their information, it said. Those users who choose not to give the platform access to such additional information would not be able to use these optional features. Additionally features like users not permitting WhatsApp to access location data would not be able to share their location with their contacts.
What are some of the changes with regard to other Facebook Company products?
It states that when users rely on “third-party services or other Facebook Company Products that are integrated with our Services, those third-party services may receive information about what you or others share with them.”
For example: using the in-app video player to play content from a third-party platform.
It also clarifies that when someone is using “third-party services or other Facebook Company Products, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services and products”.
They also explain in detail how they share information with Facebook and its group of companies. It is including the kind of information which is exchanged. This includes information around “improving infrastructure and delivery systems,” safety and security around Facebook products. Additionally, service experiences such as making suggestions for users, personalized content around purchases, and transactions.
The platform also explains the amount of data the app collects automatically. This includes the users’ activity on WhatsApp, their service settings, their interactions with other WhatsApp users, the time and duration of their activities on WhatsApp, log files, as well as performance reports and logs.
On the other hand, many users and biggies have tweeted on this update. Many have tweeted on using apps like Signal or Telegram for further use. However, this, in turn, brings clarification from WhatsApp.
- We’ll discuss the camera quality of iPhone 11 Pro Vs iPhone 12 Pro Vs iPhone 13 Pro here. The iPhone 13 Pro’s A15 Bionic processor produces more consistent and quicker shots. In the 11 Pro and even the 12 Pro, there was a frequent lag between hitting the button and taking the photo. You’ll get the iPhone 11 Pro at ₹79,999…
- Everyone is eagerly waiting to know about the camera specs and quality of the newly launched Nothing Phone 1. Also, most of us are well aware of the camera quality of the other two phones. Nothing Phone 1’s lowest price currently available is Rs. 31,999, whereas the OnePlus 9RT 5G is listed at Rs. 42,999, and iPhone 12 costs Rs.…
- In 2022, most of the smartphone launches were boring. But with the much-hyped Nothing Phone 1 launch, the revolution in the smartphone industry took place. Also, the Nothing Phone 1 is the first smartphone produced by Nothing, a technological organisation established by Carl Pei, who was also a co-founder of OnePlus. Furthermore, the Phone 1’s…
- In this article, the POCO F4 Vs iQOO Neo 6 are compared. Both smartphones are excellent. But one is superior to the other. On June 23, 2022, the POCO F4 5G was made available. The iQOO Neo 6 launch was on May 31, 2022. The price of the POCO F4 5G is Rs. 27,999. The cost…
- The iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max are still in excellent condition, and Apple’s flagship iPhone 13 series devices are wonderful, but some of you might want to wait for the iPhone 14, which is likely to launch at the end of 2022. We know the iPhone 13 has great…