The selfie king is back with another variant of the Oppo F9 series. Priced at Rs. 15,800, the lower Oppo F9 model comes as a pleasing phone that holds its own, even against the Pro model.
Paired with a stylish look and an attractive display, the Oppo F9 does not hold back in any aspect expected from a handset. It is a beautiful phone suitable for the mid-range crowd.
The Oppo F9 will attract the selfie crowd. It comes with the following pros and cons:
- Despite coming with the same look with the Pro, the Oppo F9 is a fantastic looking set which gives a premium effect.
- The phone arrives with a bright display that can provide an immersive experience.
- Oppo F9 has a decent processor which keeps the phone active and fast for most processes.
- The battery in Oppo F9 can keep pushing for most of the day.
- The selfie camera produces beautiful and detailed selfies.
- The phone does not come with fast-charging tech.
- It has an old micro USB port.
- The phone tends to heat while gaming.
- The cameras are not very good, especially during low-light situations.
Despite coming without the Pro moniker, the Oppo F9 can give the Pro a good fight. It is a capable phone which can satisfy your mid-range requirements.
Oppo F9 chooses to trim down on the price without demoting in its hardware or design arriving as a perfect substitute to the Oppo F9 Pro.
The Oppo F9 comes with a 6.3-inch LTPS display which has a Full HD+ resolution. The phone also comes with a modern 19.5:9 aspect ratio. There is no protection, and hence, you should not drop it. The colours of this phone come out well and sharp. The viewing angles are kept quite decent as well. The phone has a water drop notch and gives you enough screen space so that you get an immersive experience. It remains legible outdoors too. It can be an excellent display for watching movies.
Oppo F9 and F9 Pro look almost identical. However, they come with different finishes. The F9 has a diamond cut pattern which looks almost similar to the Realme 1. The pattern changes when the light hits it in a specific way. The phone is of the plastic build. However, the Oppo F9 bulges out a little. The back panel seems like glass, and hence, it picks up fingerprint scuffs.
The volume button is well-placed on the left while the power button is on the right. The oval fingerprint scanner is present on the rear panel. At the bottom, the phone comes with a Micro USB port instead of the USB Type-C port. It also arrives with a 3.5mm headphone jack. In general, it is the same design, despite being a signature of Oppo F9
The Oppo F9 comes with very similar hardware as the F9 Pro. It is fitted with a MediaTek Helio P60. It is an octa-core processor clocked at 2 GHz. It is the same processor as used in the Realme 1 and Nokia 5.1 Plus. It has 4GB RAM. The phone can smoothly run many apps together and also engage in multitasking without any lag. Gaming is also a great experience on this phone. It can even run high-end games like PUBG at medium settings without a lag. However, the processor does get warm with just a few minutes of gameplay. However, it does not go up to an intolerable degree.
Oppo F9 arrives with a 16MP primary camera along with a 2MP depth-sensing camera. The phone has a quick autofocus and can click photos with a high amount of details. Even in the macros there is proper differentiation between both the subject and the background. The blur detection is also decent when it comes to portrait shots. However, in low light, the quality of the camera falls. There is aggressive noise reduction that takes place, making the photos appear artificial.
The phone arrives with a 16MP selfie camera. It comes with adjustable Beautification which can help with producing good-looking selfies. Google Lens is also integrated with the camera.
Both the selfie and rear cameras can record 1080p videos, but the focus is not accurate and tends to hop around a bit. The output is also oversharpened.
The phone comes with a 3500mAh battery. It does not have fast charging tech. In an HD video loop test, the device was able to hold itself for about 14 hours and 39 minutes. It was better than Oppo F9 Pro and kept running for more than half an hour. With moderate use like a bit of gaming, social media, and calls, the phone was able to run for more than a day. Due to the lack of fast charging, the phone can charge up within 2 hours and 20 minutes, which is a bit high. The battery does drain fast when playing games, losing around 10% within 20-25 minutes of gaming.
The Oppo F9 has a great display, which is its USP. Other than that, the phone has an impressive performance and battery too. Even the cameras are decent enough for the price it comes in. However, if you want better performance, then Pocophone F1 is a good phone go for. However, you will have to cut back on the immersive display that the F9 offers which Pocophone F1 won’t be able to deliver.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- ColorMist Black
- Back Camera2 MP
- Front Camera25 MP
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.17 inches
- Weight169 g
- ColorStarry Purple
- BuildFront glass, plastic frame
- Width2.91 inches
- Display TypeLTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.3 inches
- Display TypeLTPS IPS LCD
- Pixel Density409 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 6
- Display Size6.25 inch to 6.5 inch
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio84.00%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6771 Helio P60 (12 nm)
- RAM4 GB RAM
- GPUMali-G72 MP3
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo) ColorOS 5.2
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Storage64 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera16 MP, f/1.8, 1/3.1, 1.0 micron2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3400 mAh to 3600 mAh
- Battery Capacity3500 mAh
- ChargingFast battery charging 20W (VOOC Flash Charge)
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2018, August
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, August
Price / Buy
Get the best price for OPPO F9
Get the best price for OPPO F9
- Evolution Of Smartphones In The Last DecadeThu, 27 Feb'20Smartphones are everywhere. It is quite hard to imagine life without them, as software and hardware companies have worked seamlessly over the years to fit in the maximum amount of features in a small device. But the journey from the very first smartphone from BlackBerry to the current behemoth that is the iPhone X, has…
- They say the best time of year to buy a used, refurbished iPhone is in the months of October to December. This is because of the fact that there are a lot of last years used iPhones in the market since everyone is rushing to buy the latest one launched by Apple. Also read: How…
- The 5 Most Beautiful Nokia Phones EverThu, 27 Feb'20Nokia, once known as the king of the phone industry is now making a comeback with its latest series of phones with new technologies.Let us take a walk down down the memory lane and look into the 5 most beautiful creations from the ex-giant, which back in the day, gave us tons of beautifully designed and…
- So you’ve found yourself in a situation where you need to repair your smartphone’s broken screen again. Now, there’s always the usual route – changing your smartphone screen at a local repair shop. But chances are high that if you do not know the place that you will get ripped off. The other solution is…
- Top 5 Internet Speed Testing AppsThu, 27 Feb'20Speedtest.net: This is probably the most popular speed test app on Android. There’s a good chance that you might have also used this before. Speedtest.net has actually raised and set the quality standards for speed testing apps globally. The app allows you to test your connection, speed, quality, and everything else you can think of.…
- How To Calculate The Re-Sale Value Of A PhoneThu, 27 Feb'20There always come those moments when we believe that we have spent enough time with our current phone. And that, now the time is ripe to sell it and buy another new and better device. However, it’s easier said than done. One of the most important factors to decide which phone to buy, for many,…
- How To Sell Your Old Smartphone On CashifyThu, 27 Feb'20With each and every day technology is evolving and so are we. With daily upgrading technology, we also get the urge of owning a new iteration of the gadget over their previous one and the most countable among them is your smartphone. Isn’t so? But, the biggest question that becomes the concern is, what will…
- Which Smartphones Do Indian Cricketers Use?Thu, 27 Feb'20Indian cricket is a global phenomenon and in this era of smartphone dominance people, fans are quite interested in knowing every small aspect related to their stars. Which includes the all smartphones they use. Obviously, smartphones have become a necessity. And there are plenty of varieties of high-end smartphones available in the market. Brand Quotient A smartphone used by…
- Silicon Valley Billionaire CEOs’ Smartphone ChoicesThu, 27 Feb'20Silicon Valley is a hub of brilliant, high-tech companies in the US. From Apple, Amazon, Tesla, YouTube and Uber, all the major companies reside in Silicon Valley. It’s where all the innovation happens.What do the people running these companies rely on as their daily driver? When you’re spearheading innovation into entire industries on your own,…
- Comparison: Apple iPhone 11 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 LiteThu, 20 Feb'20The newly arrived Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite has been taking over the budget flagships category, where it takes on the OnePlus 7T, the ROG Phone 2 and the iPhone 11. But the most interesting topic that the people are confused about is “How Does it Compare to Apple’s iPhone 11”, and that’s what we will…
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8.1spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A8SAdd to compare
- 7.8spec scoreHonor Play₹11,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreHonor 10 Lite₹10,280Add to compare
- 8spec scoreVivo V9 Youth₹8,990Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreVivo V9₹14,490Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo Z1Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreVivo V11IAdd to compare
- 8.3spec scoreRealme 3 Pro₹12,330Add to compare
- 8.1spec scoreOPPO F7₹17,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreHonor 10₹19,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Poco X2₹15,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 6.2₹13,349Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreOPPO F15₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A71Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreMotorola Razr 2019Add to compare
- 7.3spec scoreRealme 5i₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreXiaomi Redmi K30Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreLG G8X ThinQAdd to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo V17₹22,990Add to compare
- 8spec scoreVivo Z1 Pro₹12,990Add to compare