The selfie king is back with another variant of the Oppo F9 series. Priced at Rs. 15,800, the lower Oppo F9 model comes as a pleasing phone that holds its own, even against the Pro model.
Paired with a stylish look and an attractive display, the Oppo F9 does not hold back in any aspect expected from a handset. It is a beautiful phone suitable for the mid-range crowd.
The Oppo F9 will attract the selfie crowd. It comes with the following pros and cons:
- Despite coming with the same look with the Pro, the Oppo F9 is a fantastic looking set which gives a premium effect.
- The phone arrives with a bright display that can provide an immersive experience.
- Oppo F9 has a decent processor which keeps the phone active and fast for most processes.
- The battery in Oppo F9 can keep pushing for most of the day.
- The selfie camera produces beautiful and detailed selfies.
- The phone does not come with fast-charging tech.
- It has an old micro USB port.
- The phone tends to heat while gaming.
- The cameras are not very good, especially during low-light situations.
Despite coming without the Pro moniker, the Oppo F9 can give the Pro a good fight. It is a capable phone which can satisfy your mid-range requirements.
Oppo F9 chooses to trim down on the price without demoting in its hardware or design arriving as a perfect substitute to the Oppo F9 Pro.
The Oppo F9 comes with a 6.3-inch LTPS display which has a Full HD+ resolution. The phone also comes with a modern 19.5:9 aspect ratio. There is no protection, and hence, you should not drop it. The colours of this phone come out well and sharp. The viewing angles are kept quite decent as well. The phone has a water drop notch and gives you enough screen space so that you get an immersive experience. It remains legible outdoors too. It can be an excellent display for watching movies.
Oppo F9 and F9 Pro look almost identical. However, they come with different finishes. The F9 has a diamond cut pattern which looks almost similar to the Realme 1. The pattern changes when the light hits it in a specific way. The phone is of the plastic build. However, the Oppo F9 bulges out a little. The back panel seems like glass, and hence, it picks up fingerprint scuffs.
The volume button is well-placed on the left while the power button is on the right. The oval fingerprint scanner is present on the rear panel. At the bottom, the phone comes with a Micro USB port instead of the USB Type-C port. It also arrives with a 3.5mm headphone jack. In general, it is the same design, despite being a signature of Oppo F9
The Oppo F9 comes with very similar hardware as the F9 Pro. It is fitted with a MediaTek Helio P60. It is an octa-core processor clocked at 2 GHz. It is the same processor as used in the Realme 1 and Nokia 5.1 Plus. It has 4GB RAM. The phone can smoothly run many apps together and also engage in multitasking without any lag. Gaming is also a great experience on this phone. It can even run high-end games like PUBG at medium settings without a lag. However, the processor does get warm with just a few minutes of gameplay. However, it does not go up to an intolerable degree.
Oppo F9 arrives with a 16MP primary camera along with a 2MP depth-sensing camera. The phone has a quick autofocus and can click photos with a high amount of details. Even in the macros there is proper differentiation between both the subject and the background. The blur detection is also decent when it comes to portrait shots. However, in low light, the quality of the camera falls. There is aggressive noise reduction that takes place, making the photos appear artificial.
The phone arrives with a 16MP selfie camera. It comes with adjustable Beautification which can help with producing good-looking selfies. Google Lens is also integrated with the camera.
Both the selfie and rear cameras can record 1080p videos, but the focus is not accurate and tends to hop around a bit. The output is also oversharpened.
The phone comes with a 3500mAh battery. It does not have fast charging tech. In an HD video loop test, the device was able to hold itself for about 14 hours and 39 minutes. It was better than Oppo F9 Pro and kept running for more than half an hour. With moderate use like a bit of gaming, social media, and calls, the phone was able to run for more than a day. Due to the lack of fast charging, the phone can charge up within 2 hours and 20 minutes, which is a bit high. The battery does drain fast when playing games, losing around 10% within 20-25 minutes of gaming.
The Oppo F9 has a great display, which is its USP. Other than that, the phone has an impressive performance and battery too. Even the cameras are decent enough for the price it comes in. However, if you want better performance, then Pocophone F1 is a good phone go for. However, you will have to cut back on the immersive display that the F9 offers which Pocophone F1 won’t be able to deliver.
- Bluetooth4.2, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.17 inches
- Weight169 g
- ColorStellar Purple, Mist Black
- BuildGlass front (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum back, plastic frame
- Width2.91 inches
- Display TypeLTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.3 inches
- Pixel Density409 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 6
- Display Resolution1080 x 2340 pixels
- Aspect Ratio19.5:9
- Screen to Body Ratio84.00%
- CPUOcta-core (4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6771 Helio P60 (12 nm)
- GPUMali-G72 MP3
- OSAndroid 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 10, ColorOS 7.0
- Expandable MemorymicroSDXC (dedicated slot), Expandable up to 256GB
- RAM/Internal Storage64 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Dual Camera16 MP, f/1.8, 1/3.1, 1.0 micron2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, HDR, panorama
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera16 MP
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio FeaturesActive noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3500 mAh battery
- ChargingFast charging 20WVOOC
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMDual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (rear-mounted), E-Compass,Light Sensor,Proximity Sensor,G-Sensor/Acceleration Sensor
- Announced On2018, August
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, September 15
Price / Buy
Get the best price for OPPO F9
Get the best price for OPPO F9
- Monthly Round-up Of Smartphones Launched in August 2020!Sat, 26 Sep'20The August month of 2020 was full of exciting launches of new mobile phones. There were 15 new launches in total and some took the market by surprise and filled people with excitement while others didn't have such an impact. Here are all the new smartphones that were announced in August 2020.
- Bluetooth Headsets have become quite common over the recent few years given the fact that most premium smartphones have decided to stop including the 3.5mm audio jack. Several smartphone manufacturers have launched Wireless headsets of their own to capture a fair share of the market. However, one question that has not been answered for several years is how does one decide between Bluetooth Headphones or True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A8SAdd to compare
- 7.6spec scoreHonor 10 Lite₹10,280Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreHonor Play₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreVivo V9 Youth₹12,800Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreVivo V9₹14,490Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreOPPO F7₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreHonor 10₹35,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreVivo Z1Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreVivo V11IAdd to compare
- 8.1spec scoreRealme 3 Pro₹12,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scorePOCO X3₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare