Here is another phone that is good on looks, packed with a great camera and an exceptionally good battery. Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro brings you the best photography experience with its 13MP camera that brings the instinctive photographer in you to the fore. The Social Camera feature allows you to share the best moments instantly with the utmost ease. If everyday multitasking is the norm for you, Galaxy J7 Pro comes with an Octa Exynos processor to make your Smartphone experience effortless. Added to these are its sleek finish and 5.5″ full HD AMOLED display that brings the best of colours to your screen in detail and sharpness. If that’s not enough, care to add style to your life with an elegant metallic body.
Not only does the phone look great in hands, but also is a head turner too. And Samsung gets full marks for that! A battery notch above any of its competitors ensures that you can just keep going with your busy day on phone without worries. The cameras bring the best of reality to your screen in life-like clarity and vivid colours. Overall, this is pretty much a phone that one can fall in love with.
This is not the phone for heavy users as it is average on performance. Perhaps because of the limitations of its hardware. But why would they choose a phone that sacrifices performance for looks in the first place? However, if you are looking for a mid-range phone that keeps your daily life and makes its presence felt in the crowd, this is your phone. With a mere 3GB RAM and expandable memory of 128GB only, it might seem to be slightly overpriced especially when Moto G5 Plus and LG Q6 offer much-balanced specifications. That said, there is nothing that beats Samsung experience and Smartphone users know that!
Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro – Crafted for Perfection but Falls Short of It!
The phone is great in reproducing colours and viewing is strain free from any angle for multiple viewing. Thanks to its 1080p AMOLED display panel! Streaming videos is a pleasure while the phone is equally easy to the eye in bright sunlight or low light. Outdoor viewing, or watching videos while travelling is equally comfortable. The distinct consistency in a display that the phone offers is owing to its AMOLED panel. It makes Galaxy J7 Pro-rate higher that not just most Samsung phones in the price range, but many of its competitors as well.
The aluminium metallic design is impressive but the antenna bands on the back instead of the top take you by surprise. This innovation (if you don’t like it) is more than balanced by the oval camera module at the back which is placed perfectly at to its distinct attraction. Curved rear edges and round corners are much like most Samsung phones, however, the bezels are slightly trimmed. Overall, the weight, design and looks of the phone impart it a sturdy feel and it lives up to that reputation as there are no strict “handle with care” warnings attached in case the phone falls. You can be assured of its durability despite accidents!
Even though the phone is powered by a robust Exynos 7870 chipset and 64GB internal memory, its average performance is difficult to understand. The processor is clocked at 1.6GHz and backed by a 3GB RAM but this seems to be insufficient to deliver a performance that matches the quality of other specifications. The fingerprint sensor is lazy. The apps yawn before opening and the load on hardware shows on heavy usage or intense multitasking. Even though the phone won’t disappoint on everyday usage, the main worry is that it is slower than its most competitors.
The 13MP camera is f/1.7 aperture and beats the photo quality of its Samsung siblings and counterparts in the price bracket. In low light, the photos might lack detail but it won’t embarrass on social sharing. All that is good in camera is balanced by a poor focus which takes long in low light and at times skips its duty. Blurry photos can be the norm in challenging environments.
The 3600 mAh battery lasts longer than a day with ease, even when the phone is kept busy with heavy functions the day long. It is a better battery than any other phone in similar price by a fair margin.
One feels that if the company had paid attention to performance, especially a greater RAM, and pushed the camera quality a bit, this would have been a tough phone to beat. There is much in the phone that impresses but it is still overpriced since, at its price, balanced features with a few outstanding ones are what buyers expect. If display, usual camera usage, looks and battery life satisfied the definition of a great Smartphone at the cost of performance, this, surely would have been one!
- Bluetooth4.1, A2DP, LE
- Thickness0.31 inches
- Height6.00 inches
- Weight181 g
- ColorBlack, Blue, Gold, Rose Gold
- BuildFront glass, aluminum body
- Width2.94 inches
- Display TypeSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Pixel Density401 ppi
- Display Resolution1080 x 1920 pixels
- Screen to Body Ratio73.10%
- CPUOcta-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPExynos 7870 Octa (14 nm)
- GPUMali-T830 MP1
- OSAndroid 7.0 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- RAM/Internal Storage32/64 GB, 3 GB RAM
- Single Camera13 MP, f/1.7, 27mm (wide)
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera13 MP, f/1.9, 28mm (wide)
- Front Camera FeaturesLED flash
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Talk TimeUp to 24 h (3G)
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3600 mAh
- Music TimeUp to 91 h
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USBmicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Announced On2017, June
- StatusAvailable. Released 2017, July
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- Phone batteries may appear small in size, but they hold a lot of toxic chemicals that are hazardous to the environment and health. They can harm the soil in which they are buried and can even pollute the air. Disposing of them in the correct ways is a necessity, and here we discuss the best way to dispose of your smartphone’s battery, the Right way.
- The mid-range segment of smartphones was very limited until recent times and was mostly filled with offerings form Chinese manufacturers and other small companies. Until recent times there was no real competitor in the mid-range segment that was worth our suggestion, however, this has taken a massive turn in recent years with Google releasing a cheaper version of their Pixel flagship smartphone and Apple releasing a similar offering at a budget price. In the year 2020, we now have at least 3 major competitors – the Google Pixel 4a, iPhone SE, and the OnePlus Nord. Here’s how they compete against each other.
- Top 10 Non-Chinese Smartphones Of All Time!Fri, 28 Aug'20Several new smartphones are released in India every month, and a lot of them are made in China. This involves products such as Xiaomi, Oppo, Realme, Vivo, and OnePlus devices. There has been a lot of discussion in the past few months regarding the anti-china campaign in India with consumers trying to limit the usage of Chinese products. A number of people are switching in the wake of this shift to smartphones with less dependence on China, if you are one of them then this list is for you. We've compiled a collection of some of the strongest smartphones of all time that are not made in China.
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.6spec scoreVivo X20 PlusAdd to compare
- 7.5spec scoreMotorola Moto Z2 Play₹12,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy J7 Pro₹20,000Add to compare
- 7.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy C7 Pro₹19,990Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreSamsung Galaxy A8 Plus₹21,990Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreMotorola Moto Z3 PlayAdd to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreSamsung Galaxy M51₹24,999Add to compare