The Sony Xperia 5 is a fantastic smartphone, which is smaller than the Sony Xperia 1, but more powerful than the Sony Xperia 10. Measuring in with a respectable 6.1-inch screen, complete with a marvellous three-camera system, the Sony Xperia 5 packs a punch. Xperia 5’s design is sleek, and it can be comfortably used with one hand. However, it does come at a pricey Rs. 61,990 price tag.
The Sony Xperia 5 packs many of the Xperia 1’s creative features into a more compact design. All said and done; the Xperia 5 does have its set of pros and cons.
– The Sony Xperia 5 provides for brilliant videography features
– It has a sensational screen and fantastic design
– Its battery life is stellar, to say the least
– The Sony Xperia 5 is on the slightly more expensive side, considering other options on the market
– There is no in-display fingerprint scanner
– The device does not come with a headphone jack
Overall, the Sony Xperia 5 is an excellent smartphone with a sleek, gravitating design. It has a plethora of fascinating features, a fantastic camera – Perfect for videography and photography, as well an awe-inspiring display screen. Considering its price though, Sony could have offered more, as there are several other options on the market which provide better value for money.
The Sony Xperia 5 is a compact and powerful flagship smartphone which modifies over the Sony Xperia 1.
With its 2520×1080 display, the Sony Xperia 5 comes with a 6.1-inch, Full HD+ display. If you were to differentiate the Xperia 1 from the Xperia 5, the latter’s display would stand out. It comes with an OLED panel, pleasing contrast levels, HDR BT.2020 support and extensive standards support. Its screen is much sharper than the iPhone 11’s LCD panel and goes a long way in justifying its price tag.
The Sony Xperia 5’s design is impressive, to say the least. The most striking aspect of its design is its height. It comes with a 21:9 display and thicker top and bottom bezels than its predecessor. On comparing its design with its market rivals – The OnePlus Pro and the Samsung Galaxy S10e, it is much lankier than the two. The smartphone’s key buttons have been crammed on the right side of the phone, including Sony’s dedicated shutter button. All in all, it feels great in hand, yet could have been better.
The Sony Xperia 5 gets its power from a Snapdragon 855 CPU, as is the case with most flagship phones of 2019. The Xperia 5 comes with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal memory space. As would be expected, navigating generally is stutter-free, when it comes to the Xperia 5. Complex tasks, too, do not tax the phone. The Split-screen multitasking option also does not seem to stretch the phone’s capabilities in the slightest.
High-end games like PUBG and Call of Duty Mobile run seamlessly on the device, when the frame rate is set to its maximum level, and when the Graphics Quality setting is set to its highest possible standard. All in all, the Xperia 5’s performance solid, and on a par with the OnePlus 7, and the Huawei P30 Pro.
The Xperia 5 comes with a spectacular three-camera system. This is one of Sony’s best smartphone camera systems yet, providing for several features and stellar performance. It comes with a similar triple 12MP sensor setup as is in the iPhone 11 Pro. The Xperia 5 has a wide lens with a very bright f/1.6 aperture, an f/2.4 telephoto lens, and an ultra-wide lens, the latter two of which come with optical image stabilization (OIS). The images turn out to be quite decent when there is adequate light.
As is the case with most triple-camera systems, there is far less distortion effect when clicking very wide pictures. Unfortunately, there is no Night Mode, yet night photography is decent, to say the least. There is little grain in the low-light photographs.
The Sony Xperia 5 comes with a stellar 3,140mAh battery. While other smartphones in its price range offer much more powerful batteries, the Xperia 5’s battery is remarkable, to say the least. An entire day of intensive use would consume about 70% of its battery life. Streaming an hour of HDR videos saps into about 9% of the smartphone’s battery. While the smartphone does not come with wireless charging, an 18W charger more than suffices its need.
Priced at just 61,990 INR, the Xperia 5 is a marvellous, action-packed phone. The Xperia 5 is a strong flagship phone which strikes a beautiful balance between everyday practicality and top-end specifications. It comes with a wonderful display, an impressive triple camera system, and long-lasting battery life. Considering its price though, Sony could have offered more, the Xperia 5 not being all that different from the Xperia 1. There are several other smartphones on the market that provide better value for money.
- Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Thickness0.32 inches
- Height6.22 inches
- Weight164 g
- ColorBlue, Red, Black, Grey
- BuildFront/back glass (Gorilla Glass 6) aluminum frame
- Width2.68 inches
- Display TypeOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size6.1 inches
- Pixel Density449 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass 6
- Display Resolution1080 x 2520 pixels
- Aspect Ratio21:09
- Screen to Body Ratio80.90%
- CPUOcta-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 485 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 4x1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- Chipset GPQualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- GPUAdreno 640
- OSAndroid 9.0 (Pie)
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 1 TB (uses shared SIM slot) - dual SIM model only
- RAM/Internal Storage128GB 6GB RAM
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash, panorama, HDR, eye tracking
- Autofocuspredictive Dual Pixel PDAF, predictive PDAF
- OIS5-axis OIS
- Triple Camera12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1/2.6, 1.4 micron12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4, 1.0 micron, 2x optical zoom12 MP, f/2.4, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/3.4, 1.0 micron
- Back Camera Video2160p24/30fps HDR, 1080p60fps, 1080p30fps (5-axis gyro-EIS)
- Front Camera Video1080p30fps (5-axis gyro-EIS)
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1/4, 1.12 micron
- Front Camera FeaturesHDR
- HeadPhone JackYes
- Audio Features24-bit/192kHz audioDynamic vibration systemActive noise cancellation with dedicated micDolby Atmos sound
- User ReplaceableNon-removable
- Battery Capacity3140 mAh battery
- ChargingFast battery charging 18W (USB Power Delivery 2.0)USB Power Delivery
- Battery TypeLi-Ion
- USB3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector USB On-The-Go
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- SIMSingle SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- SensorsFingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum
- Water ResistantIP65/IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Announced On2019, September
- StatusAvailable. Released 2019, October
- Monthly Round-up Of Smartphones Launched in August 2020!Sat, 26 Sep'20The August month of 2020 was full of exciting launches of new mobile phones. There were 15 new launches in total and some took the market by surprise and filled people with excitement while others didn't have such an impact. Here are all the new smartphones that were announced in August 2020.
- Bluetooth Headsets have become quite common over the recent few years given the fact that most premium smartphones have decided to stop including the 3.5mm audio jack. Several smartphone manufacturers have launched Wireless headsets of their own to capture a fair share of the market. However, one question that has not been answered for several years is how does one decide between Bluetooth Headphones or True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.
- Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!Sun, 20 Sep'20We all have grown up playing racing games all our life and these games are still very popular which is why these racing games are evergreen and everyone loves them. With smartphones becoming more and more powerful in recent times with highly powerful processors and GPUs, gaming on smartphones is much more fun than ever. And racing games being favorite of all here we list out the Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
- Best Emulators For Playing Console Games On Android!Sat, 19 Sep'20The classic console games were a lot of fun back then and we enjoyed playing these on our consoles a lot. These games included Super Mario, Contra, Pokemon, Pac-MAN etc. Fortunately we have some emulators on Android that ca run these same classic console games on our Android smartphone, and here are the Best Emulators For Playing Console Games on Android!
- How To Watch IPL 2020 For Free On Your Mobile Phone?Tue, 15 Sep'20Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Top 5 Flagship Smartphones That You Can Buy Right NowMon, 14 Sep'20When most people are buying a new smartphone, they consider a lot of factors to ensure that they make the right purchase decision for themselves, the price segment is an important aspect for purchase for the vast majority of the users. However, if you are not one among them and want the absolute best smartphone experience that money can buy, then we have compiled a list of the top 5 flagship smartphones that offer the most premium experience at a price.
- Top 5 Smart Watches You Can Buy In India Right Now!Thu, 10 Sep'20Smart Watches is a segment of the technology and wearable space that has seen a massive rise in the past few years, we’ve seen multiple iterations of the original Apple Watch over the years and also several Android Wear watches that have good integration with the Android smartphones. Samsung, Huami, Fitbit, and other brands have also launched multiple smartwatches that run on Tizen and other proprietary operating systems with good integration with both Android and iOS.
- 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On Android!Fri, 4 Sep'20Though there are hundreds of cooking apps to choose from, these cooking apps are top-rated and highly recommended owing to their unique features and also ease of use. All these apps have made everything handy, easy to follow, and quick. These apps also try to make the cooking experience more creative and enjoyable. Cooking apps are truly helpful not only for beginners but also for regular cooks. From breakfast to dinner, you can count on their recipes as they all provide irresistible recipes. You just need to get into the kitchen and follow them without any ifs or buts. They will surely lend a helping hand in the kitchen through their recipes.
- 10 Best Mobile Games That You Must Play In 2020!Fri, 4 Sep'20While everyone is staying home being safe, mobile gaming is something that has kept us entertained during this pandemic. Here we have listed out some of the best mobile games that you must not miss and should definitely try it out. All these games are free to download and are available on both Android and iOS app stores.
- Top 10 Best Gaming Phones In India – 2020 Edition!Thu, 3 Sep'20Gaming smartphones is a new segment that has recently developed into a massive interest for many, we have even started seeing several new devices come with budget gaming focussed processors such as the Snapdragon 765G by Qualcomm. However, if you are looking for the ultimate gaming smartphone then there’s more to consider than just the SoC on the smartphone, factors like the display, audio, and the overall software experience add up to offer the smoothest gaming experience. Here are the top 10 gaming smartphones to buy in 2020.
- 7.9spec scorePOCO X3₹16,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreRealme 7₹14,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreTecno Spark Go 2020₹6,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y20i₹11,490Add to compare
- 7.6spec scorePOCO M2₹10,999Add to compare
- 7.5spec scoreInfinix Note 7₹11,499Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreNokia 5.3₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreOPPO F17₹17,990Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreSamsung Galaxy Z Fold2₹149,999Add to compare
- 6.9spec scoreXiaomi Redmi 9i₹8,299Add to compare