TCL Officially Unveils Rollable And Foldable Prototype Phones
This definitely certifies that foldables have unique applications waiting to be explored.
Highlights of the Story
- TCL has unveiled two unique prototypes utilising different foldable technologies
- One of them has a “rollable” display that expands when extended
- The other one is a triple folding display so your phone can turn into a tablet at your convenience
TCL showed a couple of crazy “rollable” and triple folding prototype Android devices. While these devices might not make it to mass market anytime soon, they’re still interesting concepts.
These displays had been leaked earlier. The first one has a display that normally measures 6.75-inches, but when you expand it, the rollable AMOLED panel slides out to reveal a 7.8-inch display.
The phone is pretty thick at 9mm, hence there are no real use-case problems as a result of this design too. TCL says that this prototype will allow for split-screen multi-tasking when un-rolled. The biggest advantage of this particular design is that unlike a foldable, there isn’t a visible crease.
The other phone that TCL revealed is a tri-fold smartphone. Upon opening up the phone, the 6.65-inch display turns into a 10-inch tablet with a 3K resolution — although no details on if this is actually 3K or just 3000 horizontal pixels.
TCL has utilised a unique DragonHinge and ButterflyHinge together to ensure that each fold is strong enough when folded and unfolded. The phone also looks pretty thick when in folded mode, but the technology is uniquely impressive there’s no doubt.
No pricing or availability details have been provided by TCL, and we’re pretty sure its meant to be strictly a prototype till further testing unveils real world usage. However, this definitely certifies that foldables have unique applications waiting to be explored.
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…