What is e-RUPI Digital Payment Solution | EXPLAINED
e-RUPI is a new digital payment solution that aims to simplify the payment system. It is a cashless and contactless payment system developed by NPIC and will be the next step under the Digital India initiative.
Highlights of the Story
- e-RUPI is a voucher-based digital payment system.
- The new payment method aims to revolutionise the payment service and ensure each fund is being used for its assigned purpose.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a new payment method in our country. The electronic voucher-based digital payment system is called “e-RUPI” and is projected to become the stepping stone towards having a digital currency. The platform has been developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the same organisation that created Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
Also read- Upcoming Smartphone Launches
What is e-RUPI?
e-RUPI is a cashless & contactless payment system. It creates an SMS-string code or QR code that will be sent to the user’s mobile phone. Once the code is received, the person can redeem the code from an authorised centre and get their payment. In general, it is sort of a prepaid gift card-based digital voucher that a person can redeem at a dedicated accepting centre.
How will e-RUPI work?
e-RUPI works on simple gift-card based technology. You can present the code to a centre, and they can immediately provide you with the amount. You’ll also not require any debit/credit card, mobile app, or internet banking to use the service.
How will e-RUPI vouchers be issued?
Every e-RUPI voucher must be issued by a bank in collaboration with a corporate or government entity. NPIC has already onboarded banks that can issue the e-RUPI vouchers. Apart from that, the sponsoring organisations have to provide details of their beneficiaries and their mobile number and the purpose for which the e-RUPI voucher is being created.
Which Bank can issue e-RUPI?
As of now, only 11 Banks can issue an e-RUPI voucher to any sponser of government body.
What will be the benefit of e-RUPI?
As per the Government of India, e-RUPI is a revolutionary digital payment service that will ensure a leak-proof delivery of welfare services. The private sector can also leverage this method and use digital vouchers for employee welfare or corporate social responsibility.
Is it a Digital Currency?
No, e-RUPI is not a digital currency. However, it could potentially be a step in creating a digital currency. According to Indian Express, e-RUPI would be able to highlight any issues in the digital payments system. Hence, the success and failure rate of a possible digital currency could be analysed.
Will I be able to use e-RUPI wherever I want?
NO, e-RUPI can only be used for the purpose it has been created for by the sponsor of the e-RUPI voucher, be it a private organisation or government organisation.
For more information on e-RUPI long on NPIC website.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…