Table Of Contents
- 1Nokia Cityman (1987)
- 2Nokia 1100 (2003)
- 3Nokia 7900 Prism
- 4Nokia 6700
- 5Nokia 8800
Nokia, once known as the king of the phone industry, is now making a comeback with its latest series of phones with new technologies. It was one of the key mobile manufacturers, with its products ruling the market. The company has produced many top-notch gadgets which have been sold to millions worldwide. Let us take a walk down memory lane and look at the 5 best Nokia phones that, back in the day, were sold in millions of numbers.
Nokia Cityman (1987)
The Cityman was Nokia’s first-ever creation back in the year 1987. This brick may not seem aesthetically pleasing to you, but back then, this was the most high-end and sleek looking product there was. Trust us! It deserves a spot here due to its sheer legacy alone.
Nokia 1100 (2003)
The Nokia 1100 is the best-selling smartphone in the world as it has sold more than 250 million units since its launch in late 2003. It was targeted at developing countries and became a smashing success due to its price, features, and durability at the time. The Nokia 1100 was the company’s cheapest mobile phone when it was released to the market, making it ideal for the developing world. Most Nokia fans still hold it close to their hearts.
PS: This was also designed in California!
Nokia 7900 Prism
Equipped with impressive features and good specifications, the Nokia Prism 7900 was a top-selling Nokia mobile phone. The 7900 Prism hit the markets in 2007 but came with specs distinctly ahead of the others-both in terms of design (it featured an untested prism-like keypad) and display (a pixel density of 200ppi!). It was Nokia’s first and has a resolution of 320×240 pixels, showing 16 million colours. Included are a 2-megapixel camera with flash, an 850mAh battery, and 1 GB of onboard memory. The company even allowed you to change the backlighting on the key.
The Nokia 6700 is a complete stunner even today-and not just in terms of aesthetics. Launched in 2009, it featured a 5-megapixel camera along with an LED flash, GPS and a WebKit browser. There were 2 variants of this model, but the one we’re describing to you is the 6700 Classic. A 6700 Slide also hit stores later. It has a stainless steel body and a chrome-covered keypad.
The Nokia 8800 was a luxury phone released by Nokia based on its Series 40 operating system. This was a phone meant for the extravagant, manufactured with stainless steel and using a premium sliding mechanism consisting of top-notch ball bearings. It hit the market back in 2005 and featured an MP3 music player, Bluetooth, and a scratch-resistant true colour display.
Since these phones came out Nokia has significantly lost out on market share, hence we feel that the age of such uniquely designed phones have now moved past us. But we would love to see phone makers innovate with their designs as tech evolves to include foldable phones.
- We’ll discuss the camera quality of iPhone 11 Pro Vs iPhone 12 Pro Vs iPhone 13 Pro here. The iPhone 13 Pro’s A15 Bionic processor produces more consistent and quicker shots. In the 11 Pro and even the 12 Pro, there was a frequent lag between hitting the button and taking the photo. You’ll get the iPhone 11 Pro at ₹79,999…
- Everyone is eagerly waiting to know about the camera specs and quality of the newly launched Nothing Phone 1. Also, most of us are well aware of the camera quality of the other two phones. Nothing Phone 1’s lowest price currently available is Rs. 31,999, whereas the OnePlus 9RT 5G is listed at Rs. 42,999, and iPhone 12 costs Rs.…
- In 2022, most of the smartphone launches were boring. But with the much-hyped Nothing Phone 1 launch, the revolution in the smartphone industry took place. Also, the Nothing Phone 1 is the first smartphone produced by Nothing, a technological organisation established by Carl Pei, who was also a co-founder of OnePlus. Furthermore, the Phone 1’s…
- In this article, the POCO F4 Vs iQOO Neo 6 are compared. Both smartphones are excellent. But one is superior to the other. On June 23, 2022, the POCO F4 5G was made available. The iQOO Neo 6 launch was on May 31, 2022. The price of the POCO F4 5G is Rs. 27,999. The cost…
- The iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max are still in excellent condition, and Apple’s flagship iPhone 13 series devices are wonderful, but some of you might want to wait for the iPhone 14, which is likely to launch at the end of 2022. We know the iPhone 13 has great…