A13 Bionic Chipset On iPhone SE 2020 Could Be Underpowered Compared To iPhone 11
The iPhone SE 2020 boasts the same internals that Apple offers in the costlier iPhone 11.
Table Of Contents
Highlights of the Story
- Latest reports claim that the iPhone SE is not as powerful as the iPhone 11.
- The iPhone SE 492,166 points on AnTuTu whereas iPhone 11 scored 517,400 points.
- The iPhone SE launch price in India starts at Rs.42,400.
Apple iPhone SE is the latest addition to the iPhone lineup of smartphones. It boasts an Apple A13 Bionic chip with a third-gen Neural Engine. Although the new iPhone SE packs in the same processor as iPhone 11 released last year, reports suggest that it is underpowered compared to the latter.
According to a report, Apple might have integrated an underclocked variant of Apple A13 Bionic chipset on iPhone SE which is probably the cause of the reduced benchmarking score of AnTuTu. As per the benchmarking report, iPhone SE scores 492,166 points on AnTuTu. Further, its breakup reveals that it scores 149,295 points on CPU, 186,076 points on GPU, 77,968 points on MEM, and 78,824 points on UX.
Note that this data doesn’t go in-line with Apple iPhone 11 which sports the same processor. For reference, iPhone 11 scored 517,400 points which makes iPhone SE underpowered. Interestingly, the AnTuTu scores for iPhone SE are in-line with iPhone XS and XR that were launched in 2018 with Apple A12 Bionic chip with second-gen Neural Engine.
iPhone SE is the most compact smartphone in the iPhone lineup after iPhone XR. It sports a 4.7-inch LCD IPS panel boasting a screen resolution of 1334×750 pixels at 326 PPI. It sports a 7MP FaceTime HD front camera with 1080p video recording at 30fps which is an underpowered compared to 7MP TrueDepth camera with 1080p HD at 60fps.
iPhone SE is currently a lucrative choice if someone is looking for a new but cheaper iPhone although the reduced power could be discouraging for iPhone fanatics. The device boasts a wireless charging feature with IP68 water-resistant protection and it is available at a price tag of Rs. 42,500 in India. It does bring both pros and cons that you can check out whilst buying it.
iPhone SE 2020 review
Some of the major advantages of owning an iPhone SE comes with its compact size, less weight, easy handling, excellent build quality, a great App Store to jump in, portability and the presence of the A13 Bionic processor ensuring great performance. It gives you a smooth gaming experience on a decent display with Apple’s True Tone feature that adjusts the colour temperature. It has an outdated design, has a lower battery capacity, no 3.5mm audio socket, no support for 5G and comes with a comparatively smaller screen area . The single rear camera is also not something most buyers would prefer and you would find yourself disappointed since it is High on quality but low on flexibility. But if we were to peek into the major problem accompanying this handset, it would be Apple’s failure to create a smartphone that fits within the budget of an average Indian. This failure directly reflects on the iPhone SE.
- Choosing a new air conditioner for your house can be confusing when you have several options available like spilt, windows, tower and Cassette air conditioners. The options could seem daunting with the variety of air conditioners available. Also, you can even be under pressure to select a new system, depending on your circumstances. However, if…
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…