Airtel and Vodafone Idea Collectively Lost Over 75 Lakh Subscribers in March, Jio Adds 46 Lakh New Ones: TRAI
Reliance Jio continues to add over 46 lakh customers in March whereas Airtel and Vodafone continue to see a dip in the numbers of wireless subscribers.
Highlights of the Story
- Concluding the data provided by TRAI’s March 2020 report, Jio enjoys a 33.47% wireless-subscriber market share in India.
- After gaining 12 lakh subscribers in February 2020, Bharti Airtel reflects a downward leaning graph with more than 12 lakh subscribers lost in March.
- Airtel and Vodafone collectively see to loose 75 lakh wireless subscribers whereas Jio saw an increase in number by 46 lakh subscriptions.
Jio Subscribers and TRAI
Overshadowing the number of Airtel subscribers and Vodafone Subscribers, Jio has to lead the chart for the most number of wireless subscriptions in March according to the reports shared by TRAI(Telecom Regulatory Authority of India). Jio accounted for 46 lakh new subscriptions during March this year. Its subscriber base worth over 38.75 crores according to the data by TRAI.
The other two private telecoms, Vodafone and Bharti Airtel witness erosion in their subscription base with Airtel losing 12 lakh wireless subscription, and Vodafone Idea saw a steep decline fall with lose of 63 lakh customers. Both of them collectively account for 75 lakh. Based on the TRAI’s report Jio holds 33.47% wireless subscribers of the total market share, followed by Bharti Airtel witnessing 28.31% of it.
By the end of March, Airtel Subscribers base was worth 32.78 crores and Vodafone subscribers base were worth 31.91 crores. In contrast to that, interestingly the state-run BSNL, on the other hand, added over 95,000 new customers by that time. Now that total tally of BSNL subscribers worldwide is 11.97 crores.
Also Read: POCO Season 2 Finally Teased
TRAI Annual Report
According to the TRAI statement, “Total wireless subscribers (2G, 3G, and 4G) decreased from 1,160.59 million (116.05 crores) at the end of February 2020 to 1,157.75 million (117.57 crores) at the end of March 2020, thereby registering a monthly decline rate of 0.24 percent,”
The urban and suburban areas showcased a decrease from 64.3 crores in February to 63.8 crores in march in context to the number of the wireless subscriptions. Whereas, in the rural areas it increased from 51.7 crores to 51.92 crores by the end of March 2020.
Various reasons could be mapped for this success of JIO. It may be because of the out-performing services, better data plans with more Talk-time at lower rates, better reach and customer support, and much more. Hopefully, by the end of the COVID-19 pandemic when the starts to rise, the network operators may come up with exciting offers and better services to retains the existing and get more new subscriptions.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 10000
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.