Gmail Users To Have Unlimited Meet Calls Till March 2021
Google Meet unlimited time video calls will be free for all users until March 2021
Highlights of the Story
- Google is extending unlimited Meet video calls for Gmail users until March 31, 2021.
- It is an acknowledgment of the reality of the extended COVID-19 pandemic.
- The perk was originally set to expire on September 30.
Google announced to continue providing unlimited calls via Meet to its Gmail users. The company has given relief from its original September 30 expiration date until March 31, 2021. However, an earlier announcement revealed it to limit the time of calls and much more.
Google is acknowledging that the reality of the COVID-19 pandemic will last for a while. Furthermore, it is accepting the fact that the holiday seasons approaching requires this platform more than ever.
Also Read: All BSNL Prepaid And Postpaid Recharge Plans
Google Meet came in at a time when video conferencing became suddenly popular among users due to the pandemic. Whereas, the first wave of these customers jumped onto Zoom – profiting them a lot. But, it cashed in with the motto “to be a highly secure platform”.
Meet’s popularity increased due to the security issues on Zoom. This resulted in a huge jump in customer base to this new platform.
Meet has grown in recent months, including Chromecast-based calls on your TV and background blurring effects to hide your messes at home. Video chats for Gmail account holders capping at 50 users. Moreover, all G Suite and educational customers can have up to 250 participants and record their calls.
Google Meet for free users
It is significant for the free Google account users. Now continuing till next March, free Google account holders would be allowed to hold unlimited number of meetings over Google Meet. It will have a limit of up to 24 hrs. This virtually translates to unlimited free video calling over for all the users.
Google users can access Meet using their Gmail account itself, on the web as well as on the app. Furthermore, they are secure as the users must either be invited to a meeting via a link or even dial in to the meeting if they have the pin.
However, Google did not mention whether it applies to G Suite and G Suite for Education users. Pradhan said the goal is to “continue helping those who rely on Meet to stay in touch over the coming months”.
Also read: Top Camera Smartphones
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…