Government of India Bans 59 Chinese Apps Including TikTok, Shareit, UC Browser
The Govt of India has officially banned 59 Chinese apps in India as they could result in security breach of Indian users.
Highlights of the Story
- As per the directives of the Government of India, 59 Chinese apps have been banned in India.
- TikTok, WeChat, Shareit, and other popular apps have received the ultimatum.
In a rather surprising move, the Government of India has banned 59 Chinese apps in India which includes top brass apps like TikTok, WeChat, and other high-ticket apps spread across more than ten categories. According to the press release posted on Monday, the country’s security and sovereignty was the reason behind getting the 59 Chinese apps banned in India that perform really well in the country.
The ongoing border tension between India and China that escalated two weeks ago is also one of the reasons why Indian citizens have started boycotting Chinese apps that were enlisted by the Intelligence Bureau of India. The ongoing ban is also to maintain public order, security of the state, and defence on India.
Also read: Apple Mobile Price List In India
The 59 Chinese Apps banned swung into action as per the Section 69A of the Information of Technology Act with provisions enlisted by the IT (Procedure and Safeguards for Blocking of Access of Information by Public Rules of 2009. The ongoing move could blow the Digital Silk Route ambitions of China since most of the apps mentioned in the 59 Chinese apps banned list have valuation running into billion dollars and growing.
According to status, Shareit banned in India used to cater to 200 million monthly active users while the UC Browser banned in India catered to 130 million MAUs. These Chinese apps have been targeted as the ones relating to data security as these apps are believed to be sending data to Chinese servers.
The PR also mentioned exhaustive recommendations were made to block these malicious apps which includes the likes of TikTok, Shareit, Likee, Helo, Shein, Club Factory, APUS Browser, ES File Explorer, WeSync and others. In fact, the popular UC Browser banned as well the almighty WeChat banned from the respective play stores of iOS and Android operating systems as well. In fact, the uber popular TikTok banned in India as well at the time of writing this.
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi
- Recently OPPO launched its latest smartphone, OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G. Speaking of the name first, Oppo could have used some other short and crisp name and yes there is 5G also. Here is a quick review of the all-new OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G in just 2 minutes. Design As for the design, there has been…
- How To Win A OnePlus 9 For FREE?
Latest ReviewsView All
- Read the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra review to know if it is really the best camera phone of the year.