List Of Indian Cellphone Makers That Could Replace Chinese Smartphone Brands
Due to the ongoing tension between India and China, Indian users could opt for smartphones manufactured in India that include Micromax, Lava, Xolo, and other brands.
Highlights of the Story
- Indian citizens are boycotting Chinese smartphone makers including Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, and others.
- Indian brands like Micromax Informatics, XOLO and Lava and others could make a comeback.
The ongoing trade war between India and China isn’t limited to the Indian population wanting to block Chinese apps. Indian citizens are also on the verge of boycotting Chinese companies such as smartphone manufacturers like Xiaomi, Huawei among others which are the largest smartphone companies in India with mass popularity. As a result, people are opting to purchase phones from Indian manufacturers, and here are a few brands based in India.
Micromax Information was founded back in 2008 by Rohit Patel, Dewas Patel, and Mohit Sharma. It was the largest phone manufacturing company in India during its peak a few years ago. It manufactures a wide range of products including smartphones, tablets, LED televisions, and smartphones all at low-cost and affordable pricing with a stunning set of features on-board.
This brand was set up under the parent brand Micromax Informatics and it is headquartered in Gurugram. Rohit Sharma, the co-founder of its parent company is the 99% stakeholding. Some of the popular models of YU Televentures are Yureka 2, YU Yunique, YU Ace among others.
Xolo is another Indian tech giant and a subsidiary of Lava International. Based in Noida, XOLO managed to take over a good chunk of the market share when it arrives a few years ago and was also the first manufacturer to launch a phone with the Intel processor. Some of the famous models under the Xolo brand are XOLO Black, XOLO Q Series among others.
No doubt you might have heard the brand name as it was massively popular before Chinese OEMs took over the market in India. It is a joint venture between UTL Group and Jaina Group and has a presence in India as well as the Middle East, Nepal, Sri Lank, Europe, and other regions.
Another well-known Indian smartphone brand is Lava International that was founded in 2009. It received an award of “Most Trustworthy Brand in 2018” in the CMR Retail Sentiment Index.
Other Indian companies that manufacture phones in India are Intex Technologies, Smartron, Celkon, Swipe Mobiles, iBall Mobiles, Reliance Jio LYF Movies, Yu Televentures which is a sub-brand of Micromax.
- Mi 11X Pro vs OnePlus 9R vs iPhone 11 Full Comparison
- 25 most interesting questions with the gaming beast, iQOO 7 5G
- OnePlus 9R Vs iPhone XR Vs iPhone 12 Full Comparison: Which One To Buy?
- Vivo X60 Pro Plus Vs Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus
- Hey guys, this article is all about the most frequently asked questions or say FAQ’s about the talk of the town, OnePlus 9R. 1. Does it have Gcam support? – Since, the GCAM on OnePlus 9R comes with just LEVEL 3 Hardware support, it means you do get GCAM support but certain features are limited.…