List Of Indian Cellphone Makers That Could Replace Chinese Smartphone Brands
Due to the ongoing tension between India and China, Indian users could opt for smartphones manufactured in India that include Micromax, Lava, Xolo, and other brands.
Highlights of the Story
- Indian citizens are boycotting Chinese smartphone makers including Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, and others.
- Indian brands like Micromax Informatics, XOLO and Lava and others could make a comeback.
The ongoing trade war between India and China isn’t limited to the Indian population wanting to block Chinese apps. Indian citizens are also on the verge of boycotting Chinese companies such as smartphone manufacturers like Xiaomi, Huawei among others which are the largest smartphone companies in India with mass popularity. As a result, people are opting to purchase phones from Indian manufacturers, and here are a few brands based in India.
Micromax Information was founded back in 2008 by Rohit Patel, Dewas Patel, and Mohit Sharma. It was the largest phone manufacturing company in India during its peak a few years ago. It manufactures a wide range of products including smartphones, tablets, LED televisions, and smartphones all at low-cost and affordable pricing with a stunning set of features on-board.
This brand was set up under the parent brand Micromax Informatics and it is headquartered in Gurugram. Rohit Sharma, the co-founder of its parent company is the 99% stakeholding. Some of the popular models of YU Televentures are Yureka 2, YU Yunique, YU Ace among others.
Xolo is another Indian tech giant and a subsidiary of Lava International. Based in Noida, XOLO managed to take over a good chunk of the market share when it arrives a few years ago and was also the first manufacturer to launch a phone with the Intel processor. Some of the famous models under the Xolo brand are XOLO Black, XOLO Q Series among others.
No doubt you might have heard the brand name as it was massively popular before Chinese OEMs took over the market in India. It is a joint venture between UTL Group and Jaina Group and has a presence in India as well as the Middle East, Nepal, Sri Lank, Europe, and other regions.
Another well-known Indian smartphone brand is Lava International that was founded in 2009. It received an award of “Most Trustworthy Brand in 2018” in the CMR Retail Sentiment Index.
Other Indian companies that manufacture phones in India are Intex Technologies, Smartron, Celkon, Swipe Mobiles, iBall Mobiles, Reliance Jio LYF Movies, Yu Televentures which is a sub-brand of Micromax.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.