Amazon is one of the world’s major e-commerce platforms, and probably the most used shopping app. The website has a big presence in India as well, and it certainly provides a plethora of intriguing and enticing discounts around the clock. This is where you can be enticed to buy a product because of its low price on the platform. So you must wonder, how you can cancel that order on Amazon.
However, you subsequently realise that you may not actually need the item, or may order it, just because of that wonderful deal. We’ve all been through this stage when purchasing online. Fortunately, Amazon allows you to cancel your order at any moment. But how exactly? In this post, we will show you some easy steps to easily cancel your Amazon order via the app or the website. Here’s how you can go about it.
Cancel Your Amazon Order On The Amazon App
You may cancel your order directly from the Amazon app. Cancelling an order is straightforward, and you’ll need to follow these procedures. But one thing that many customers need help with is cancelling their orders. So what happens when you cancel an Amazon order, and how do you do it? Let us now take a look, at some easy steps.
- Open the Amazon app, and then tap on three-line icons. Then select Orders.
- Here your all recent shopping orders will be displayed. If you can’t find that particular order, go down the list and tap the item you want to cancel.
- Now, tap the Cancel products or Cancel order option under the Order details column. The cancellation options may differ based on your delivery status.
- If the order status is changed, the app will ask you to Request Cancellation.
- You may also be asked to write a cancellation reason. Write any particular reason.
Once it’s finished, you will get an email confirmation of your cancellation request. The platform will send you another email to confirm whether or not your cancellation request was authorised. This will successfully process your cancellation request, and chances are you will get your order refund or replacement.
Cancel Your Amazon Order On The Amazon Website
You may also cancel your order by visiting Amazon’s homepage. Follow these procedures to cancel an order for tangible things you recently purchased on Amazon.
- Go to Amazon’s website and sign in to your account.
- Next, click on your profile name, which will be shown in the top right-hand corner. After that, choose Your Orders.
- Here, again all your orders will be listed. Scroll down below, if you have an old order or select any new order you want to cancel.
- Now, if the order is yet to be shipped, then you will receive a tab suggesting Cancel items. If you have multiple items in your order, you can choose to select all or one item.
- You can also choose a cancellation reason, but it’s mostly optional. There will be a long list of choices. Choose any one of them.
- Once, you complete all the procedures, click on the Cancel selected items or Request Cancellation, and your order will be cancelled.
The selected items or the entire order will now be successfully cancelled. Within an hour, Amazon will inform you that your products have been cancelled. You will receive an email confirming the cancellation of your products, followed by another email or SMS confirming whether or not the order has been cancelled. You can expect a refund or replacement from Amazon within seven working days.
How To Cancel An Amazon Order After It’s Shipped?
Yes, you may cancel a product even after it has been dispatched. Even though Amazon may deny the cancellation request, you can still cancel your order after shipping is sent close to your area. However, it is crucial to remember that refunds will only be issued after the physical item has been returned to the seller’s warehouse. Let us take a look at the steps to follow.
- Once again open the Your orders section and select your order.
- Next, you will receive the list of orders. If the order you want to cancel shows Shipped or Out For Delivery, then you can still cancel that order.
- Now chances are that the order might reach your doorstep. You can cancel or refuse to take up the order.
- Alternatively, you can also contact Chat support or Customer care of Amazon and request to send the item back to the seller.
How To Cancel A Digital Order?
If you wish to cancel a digital item you’ve ordered, such as a subscription or a special code, you must follow a separate procedure. Below are the steps to follow.
- Access the Amazon app or website.
- Navigate to the Memberships and Subscriptions page.
- Then, next to the subscription you want to cancel, choose Manage Subscription.
- Under Advanced Controls, click the link.
- The main subscription page will be shown. You can then cancel your membership.
Note that this code or membership will not be cancelled after it’s delivered to your email account. So you might have to hurry if you want to cancel the order in case of an accidental order.
It has never been simpler to buy new and used things online and have them delivered fast and at meagre costs thanks, to Amazon. The site is also quite simple to use, which explains why it has become such a retail powerhouse. But sometimes cancelling or getting a refund from Amazon can be a hassle and a process that might require some steps.
Also Read: 5 Best Amazon Bluetooth Speakers In India
But with all of these easy ways, you can now easily cancel any order on Amazon. You have the option to cancel an order safely before it is sent from the warehouse or vendor. If you observe your things being packaged and ready for delivery, you still have a good chance of cancelling the order. As a result, you’ll see a notification stating that cancellation is not always guaranteed at this stage in the ordering process. But chances are that mostly your orders can get easily cancelled.
Writer with a knack for the latest gadgets and smartphones. He loves to play football and fiddling around with his PlayStation 5, and always looking to improve himself and help the world make a better place.