When it comes to headphones, one question will pop into your mind – how to check headphone quality. It is vital to check headphone quality as you must be aware that life can be colourless without its audio. It is also true in the case of the broad range of media that surrounds us. We all require the resources that will appreciate this sound. In short, whatever headphones you use, audio quality plays a significant role. It provides you with good music that you will love to listen to. To experience the bliss of music, you must know how to check headphone quality.
If you do not know, don’t get panic.
This blog is all about some important information regarding how to check the sound quality of earphones. Therefore, you can enjoy premium quality sound rather than listening to a regular audio file. So, without further ado, let us get started.
Also read: How To Increase Earphone Sound Volume On Android.
Steps to Follow to Check Headphone Quality
It would be best to walk through some things when testing different earphones.
Step – 1 Select The Music You Want to Test
- All you need to do is make a playlist of your much-loved music in the first step. You know how these tracks sound, so you can quickly determine any audio flaws caused by cheap earphones.
- Once you have created the playlist, try to test your earphones/headphones with multiple genres of music. It will help you test the complete range of sound earphones can create. In different genres of music, you can test sound quality on higher or lower pitches.
- Now, download a music playlist on an electronic device. You should keep any online audio test bookmarked on your phone/PC so you can easily access them without downloading.
- Sometimes you cannot test earphones before purchasing them. In such a case, you need to ensure that the store has a good return policy if you are not satisfied with the sound quality.
- It’s time to listen to music with the help of earphones. For that, all you need to do is plug the earphones into your device and test them one by one.
Step – 2 Judge the Sound Quality
- To judge the sound quality of the headphones/earphones, you need first to play low-frequency sound to ensure it is perfectly audible. For that, play a song with different pitches. Listen to low sounds from bass guitars/baritone vocals. You must be able to listen to its sound deep, crisp, and rich. Some earphones even detect frequencies as low as 20Hz.
- Once you have checked the low frequencies of the headphone, now it is time to check how well the high frequencies sound on earphones. Good earphones can even detect frequencies as high as 20kHz.
- Now, it is time to adjust the sound volume to test the dynamic range. To test the dynamic range, you need to change the volume. Therefore, the audio plays loudly but will not make you feel uncomfortable. The dynamic range will let you hear the full range of high and low sound clearly at a comfortable volume.
- You should also test the earphones for even sound quality at all pitches. For that, all you need to do is play a song that transitions well between various pitch levels. One quality that good earphone possess is it maintains a consistent audio quality at a high and low tone.
- Once all these steps are done, it is required that you check the audio for buzzing or rattling signs.
- Now, it is time to analyse how realistic the sound feels in your ears. It would be best to choose an earphone that makes you feel like you are at a concert or listening to someone speak in person. To test the sound quality, you can play the binaural recordings.
Step – 3 Choose Earphones That Fit Perfectly
- You should select earphones that come with buds to provide better portability. Such buds easily get fits into your ears and comfortable-to-wear. However, it is recommended that you check it properly before buying it.
- If you want to experience improved sound quality, select over-ear earphones.
- You should invest in durable earphones that you can wear for a long time.
Step – 4 Select the Right Features
- If you love to listen to music in silence, you should choose an earphone with a noise-cancelling feature.
- For better portability, choose wireless earphones.
- You should also check how much sound leaks out of the earphones when you take them off.
Mobile Apps That You Can Use to Check Sound Quality
Here are some mobile apps that can be your helping hand in evaluating the sound quality of headphones.
Headphone Check – For Apple users, it is free. It lets you ensure that the left and right channels are appropriately oriented.
Left Right – Stereo Test – If you are an Android user, this app offers you the same functionality that Headphone Check offers.
Ultimate Ear – Headphone Test – This app will help you test high and low frequencies, stereo, binaural, and the golden frequency if you are an android user.
Mic Test – You can check the headphone’s microphone quality by recording and playing back your voice using this app.
Headphone: Test your Headset or Bluetooth – Using this app, you can test bass frequencies, 360 degrees 3-D sound, and the microphone.
Web App That You Can Use to Check Headphone Quality
Here are some web apps that you can use to test the sound quality of headphones.
The Ultimate Headphone Test – With this app, you can test ten tones incorporating high and low frequencies, dynamic range, binaural, driver matching, burn-in, and spectral flatness.
In summary, the ultimate way to check headphones’ sound quality is to put them on your head and listen to them. There is no replacement for experience, so the more earphones/headphones you listen to, the more you will understand your preferences and sound quality.
Also, you need to switch back and forth between different headphones and listen to the same song from the same source. It will help you to identify differences.
In short, what we recommend is to listen. Really listen. After that, decide which headphone provides you with top-notch sound quality. Hopefully, this guide will help you understand how to check headphone quality.
Still, if you feel we have missed some vital information or have any queries, connect with us in the comment section below.
Do you feel your phone is old and you need to buy a new phone or sell old mobile phone? If yes, Cashify provides you with lots of options. Therefore, visit the Cashify store and find the perfect pick for you.
Content Copy Writer with over 6 years of professional writing experience and hold a Master’s Degree in IT. I help businesses grow organically with captivating content & strategic social media tactics.