How To Increase Earphone Sound Volume On Android
Earphones are an essential part of media consumption. While smartphones’ speakers have been evolving rapidly to insane quality and loudness, it is almost impossible for them to replace the feel and bass of in-ear accessories. At times, we feel that the audio output from the earphones is unsatisfactory, which potentially degrades the listener’s experience. Here’s a guide to increase your earphones’ volume to significantly higher levels, so that you never miss out on a pleasant music or video viewing experience.
Highlights of the Story
- Earphones are an essential part of media consumption, and their low loudness output can hamper our experience.
- By tweaking a few settings on your Android Smartphone, you can increase the loudness of your earphones by a significant margin.
- You can also use use a variety of third-party apps for this purpose.
All of us love watching movies and listening to music while wearing a pair of earphones. However, most budget earphones are either too loud or have no bass with minimal loudness, which hampers the overall experience. We are well aware of the fact that our wired earphones connect easily with Android phones and by tweaking a few settings on our smartphones, we can achieve greater loudness with these minor tweaks.
Here are five simple techniques that can help you to achieve higher loudness on your earphones. If you are not satisfied with the sound output other than loudness, we have got you covered with another simple trick.
Also Read: How to Transfer Files using NFC?
Top 5 Ways To Boost Your Earphones Sound
1. Check the Volume of Your Earphones
Most budget earphones offer low loudness levels. If a device’s volume is increased to the maximum possible level, and you’re still facing problems listening to it. The first thing to do is, verify the functionality of the volume button on the earphones and ensure that it is set to the highest level. With the volume control buttons, you can easily adjust the audio output.
2. Use Higher Quality Music Streaming Service
Music streaming services such as Gaana, Saavn, and Spotify are the best destinations to listen to loud and crisp music. Your earphones are not responsible for low loudness levels if the audio source itself isn’t loud enough. Therefore, set the quality to the maximum possible level so that you can get the best output from your earphones.
In case you prefer to listen to downloaded music, make sure that the audio file is downloaded from a reliable source and is of high bit-rate so that there is no compromise over the audio experience.
3. Using Developer options
This technique is very effective while using a Bluetooth headset. Below is a guide about how to make your headsets sound louder while they are paired with an Android phone.
Step 1: Go to your device’s system settings and click on “About Phone”
Step 2: Now, follow the given steps to enable Developer Options Settings > System > About Phone > Build Number.
Step 3: Tap on the “Build Number” a number of times until you are notified that the “Developer Options” have been enabled.
Step 4: Open the Settings app again on your smartphone, and search for Developer options. Scroll down the list that occurs and head towards the developer’s options.
Use the toggle to turn off “Disable Absolute Volume“. This will differentiate the volume of your earphones from the volume of your system. You can now boost both the volumes separately for the required media.
Also Read: 3 Secret Tips To Speed Up Your Xiaomi Phone
4. Using 3rd Party Applications to Boost Loudness
With Android phones, trying to make our headsets louder might prove to be a little hard. If every other method fails, you can try using volume or equalizer applications. These apps can efficiently bypass the watchful restriction that smartphone manufacturers put in a bid to restrict your mobile device’s audio level.
App 1: Volume Booster GOODEV
Volume Booster GOODEV is an easy to use application, which uses its unique algorithms to boost the loudness of your earphones. Here’s how you can use it:
Step 1: Download the application from Google Play Store, or simply click here.
Step 2: After installation, open the app and click on ‘Ok’ when a warning pops up.
Step 3: Slide the bar to up to 60%, so that the volume gets boosted to the maximum possible level.
Step 4: You can also access the additional features of the app through the settings option available in the corner.
App 2: Volume Plus
Volume Plus is very similar to the previous application but has a different UI and features. Here’s how you can use it:
Step 1: Search for Volume Plus on Google Play Store, and download the app or simply click here.
Step 2: Launch the Settings and modify the settings on the application to make your headsets louder.
Step 3: Move volume and loudness sliders to the right side to increase the volume. Sliders allow you to customize the alert system, buzzer, voice call, and media intensity individually.
Although volume apps operate excellently to make your headsets louder, they can potentially damage the earphones in some cases. Thus, it is advisable not to attempt using the highest sound level.
5. Clean Your Earphones
Earphones, especially the ones with silicon tips, tend to gather dust particles around the buds area and on the earphones mesh on the inside. This might seem like a minor issue, but it can prove to be very helpful to increase the quality as well as loudness of the earphones.
You don’t need to perform any complicated tasks to clean them. Rather, earphones can be cleaned by simply blowing some air through the sound vents, or by using earbuds. Also, if you are using wired earphones, ensure that the 3.5mm metal end of the wire is clean and isn’t wet, failing which, it can even cause damage to your smartphone.
Also Read: Top 5 Best Earphones In India Under Rs. 500
6. Use DAC (Digital-to-Analogue Converter)
This method is a little expensive to execute but provides an excellent end output that improves the quality of audio by leaps and bounds. A DAC simply converts a digital signal into an analog one so that your earphones can then create sound.
Much like headphone amplifiers, DACs came about as a response to poor audio quality, and have now become quite popular among the masses who consume a lot of audio-based content on the internet. Brands such as FiiO are pioneers in creating DAC for smartphones and are available on Amazon.
7. Use High Quality Earphones
Purchasing a pair of expensive earphones might seem to be a waste of money, but it can be worth it if you are an audiophile. In-ear earphones and over-the ear headphones are available at prices as low as Rs. 200,and go all the way up to Rs. 180,000 for premium products such as the Sennheiser HD 820.
Brands such as Sennheiser and JBL have brought revolutionary advancements in their audio products, which provide excellent quality and accuracy in their audio output. If your budget doesn’t allow you to buy expensive headsets, prefer buying a pair of wired earphones that provide more flexibility and comfort than what cheap TWS offer.
Also read: Smartphone reviews
In most instances, the reality is that people appear to use their earphones louder than they otherwise should be. It’s essential to realize that listening to extremely loud music can cause major harm to one’s hearing. The advisable sensory hearing range lies around 85 dB for a maximum of 8 hours everyday. Though it is outside the spectrum of most headsets, the reality is even with lower dB levels; you may experience hearing disabilities if you listen to loud music for long periods of time.
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.