3 Secret Tips To Speed Up Your Xiaomi Phone
In no time, Xiaomi has become one of the bestselling phones in the market. The credit for that goes to its not so high prices yet significant hardware configurations. However, with time the device becomes slower mainly because of the users’ habits of filling up the phone’s space with unnecessary stuff or not updating the phones regularly. Nevertheless, it is relatively straightforward to speed up your Xiaomi device. You can do it by clearing the cache of your Xiaomi smartphone by using its default MIUI cleaner App, or by regularly updating it, or using apps from only trusted sources.
Table Of Contents
- 1Tips to Speed up your Xiaomi device
Highlights of the Story
- Xiaomi devices tend to run slower over time and the performance degrades.
- Here are a few tips and tricks that you can implement to speed up the performance of your Xiaomi device.
- Xiaomi provides an in-build cleaner app for clearing cache to speed up its devices.
- Some third-party apps like Greenify, Du speed booster and cleaner, and more can help increase the speed of Xiaomi smartphones.
The Indian smartphone market is flooded with a lot of value for money smartphones and Xiaomi has made an adequate space for itself in the market and has amazed the smartphone industry. Xiaomi smartphones generally have decent specifications, great cameras, and are priced aggressively.
However, the performance of smartphones especially the smartphones that are powered by Android degrades after a certain period. We start to observe occasional crashes, the device starts lagging and the gaming performance also degrades over time.
The main culprit could the bloatware that comes pre-installed on the MIUI. But one of the main reasons for this decrease in performance is the way the users handle their devices. With too many apps installed, too much residue cache, unrecognized malware apps could lead to poor performance on your device. So, to fix all these issues we have brought you some tips and fixes that can help you speed up the performance of your Xiaomi device.
Also read: Smartphone reviews
Tips to Speed up your Xiaomi device
Before trying out the tips to speed up your phone, you must be aware of what causes your smartphone to run slow and how to avoid facing such issues. The smartphone starts running slow after a couple of months in case your smartphone has too many applications that you don’t use, about 90% of your storage space is occupied and too many junk files have been accumulated.
Here are a few tips that you must try out on your Xiaomi smartphone to fix performance issues and make sure to repeat these steps every few weeks to avoid facing any issues in the future.
Also Read: Everything you should know about Minecraft.
Tip 1: Clear cache on your Xiaomi phone
What do cached data means, and why to clear it?
Cached data are temporary files, scripts, images, and other multimedia that is stored on your device after opening an app or visiting a website for the first time. This data is then used to quickly load information about the App or website every time it’s revisited. The phone’s cache comprises small bits of information that your apps and web browser uses to speed up the performance.
Also read: Compare Mobile Phones
After using the smartphone for a couple of months there are a lot of garbage temporary files that are collected over time. All these junk files are of no use to us and these obviously will affect the working and effectiveness of your smartphone. Hence clearing up the cache of your Xiaomi smartphone from time to time will clearly help to accelerate the performance.
Also Read: Redmi Note 10 Specs Leak.
How to clear your cache?
Method 1: Using built-in settings
- Navigate to Settings > Storage > Cached Data
- Click on “Clear Cache” to remove the junk files
Note: This Guide only works till MIUI 11, and starting with MIUI 12 this option has been removed.
Method 2: Using Security App
- Search for Security App on MIUI
- Inside the app there is a feature known as “Cleaner”, select this option and a cleaning process will begin by selecting “Clean Up“. This will remove all the cache files and junk files from the device.
Method 3: Using third-party apps from Play Store
In case you don’t want to use the built-in setting option or Security app in MIUI you can use some trusted third-party apps such as CCleaner, Files by Google, Clear Cache apps from the Google Play store. And all these apps are well equipped to clear cache. The best practice is to clear residual cache once every week to keep your phone running at optimal performance.
Tip 2: Keep your phone updated
Every new update on the Xiaomi phone contains several bug fixes and improvements, particularly when you update your device to the latest version. These updates can really help you fix bugs, which are causing your smartphone to work slower, improve performance, and update your device to the latest security patch. Along with helping you speed up your Xiaomi phone, updates will also bring many new features to your phone.
How to check Updates on Xiaomi smartphone
To check for software updates on your Xiaomi smartphone running on MIUI::
- Navigate to Setting > About Phone > System Updates (at the bottom)
- Now click on “Check for Updates”
- If it shows “No updates available”, it indicates that the MIUI is up to date.
- If it shows you an available software update with the MIUI version and the file size, you can click “Download update” to download the software update and install it.
Also Read: 10 Best Apps To Learn Cooking On iOS!
Tip 3: Try these Third-Party apps to speed up your Xiaomi phone
To boost the performance of your Xiaomi phone, here are some third-party apps that can remove some unwanted junk files, unused apps, and fix existing issues with the device to boost the performance.
The first such App is Du speed booster and cleaner. It’s a speed booster and RAM booster and also helps to optimize your battery and manage the apps on your device.
Another app you can use is Greenify. It’s a great battery saver app for your Xiaomi device and helps you know the apps that are misbehaving and running in the background consuming resources and, in turn, put them to sleep when you are not using them.
- Xiaomi smartphones run on MIUI, which is a custom skin built over Android. However, with tons of features in MIUI, the skin is too heavy and consumes a lot of resources and this impacts the performance of the device with its complex features and animations. The best way is to look for light alternatives like Nova Launcher, Apus Launcher, or the moderate Pixel Launcher for better performance.
- Set a reminder to restart your device once every 3 days
- Install apps only from trusted sources and avoid installing apps that are not available on Google Play Store.
These were some tips and tricks that can help you increase the performance of your Xiaomi phone. If you follow the above-mentioned tricks you can definitely speed up the performance of your device and make it smoother and more efficient while in use.
Also Read: How To Change Alexa Language To Hindi!
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.