Bluetooth Headphones vs True Wireless Earbuds – Which One To Choose?
Bluetooth Headsets have become quite common over the recent few years given the fact that most premium smartphones have decided to stop including the 3.5mm audio jack. Several smartphone manufacturers have launched Wireless headsets of their own to capture a fair share of the market. However, one question that has not been answered for several years is how does one decide between Bluetooth Headphones or True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds.
Highlights of the Story
- Bluetooth headsets have risen to fame in recent times as smartphones have dropped the 3.5mm audio jack
- Bluetooth Headphones offer better sound quality over the True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
- True Wireless Earbuds are much smaller and more portable allowing for multiple use case scenarios
If you have ever planned to purchase a Bluetooth headset then it is very likely you have spent a considerable amount of time deciding if you want to buy Bluetooth Headphones or Bluetooth earbuds. But for most of the people the more important question is, what is the difference between the two, and how does it matter? If you are still stuck in this decision point and are unable to decide if you want to go with Bluetooth headphones vs True Wireless Earbuds then this guide will help you make the choice.
Also read: Smartphone reviews
Before deciding which kind of a Bluetooth headset there are a few factors that you need to take into consideration.
Purpose – What are the Situations you Plan to use them!
This is perhaps the most important aspect while deciding what kind of a Bluetooth headset you are looking to buy. The optimal answer for you might change from situation to situation and the mileage can vary greatly based on where you plan to use them.
In general, situations where you wish to go light, you might end up favoring the earbuds that are extremely easy to wear in most situations. On the contrary, the Bluetooth Headphones are much bulkier and difficult to use in several conditions especially while working out.
True Wireless earbuds are those Bluetooth headsets that apart from needing any wires to be connected to the device, do not need any wire or cord needed between them. These are truly wireless, they come with individual batteries, controls, and communicate wirelessly between the pair. This means that you can easily use them for a jog or enjoy them on a bicycle ride with your helmet on.
Quality – How much does Sound Quality matter to you!
It is a commonly known fact that for the same given price, Headphones are generally better performers than earphones. This is generally because the larger drivers in the headphones have a better performance than the smaller drivers in the earbuds. Most of the good earphones have a driver between 8 and 13mm while headphones that have a lot more space and can easily accommodate larger drivers, afford as big as 40mm drivers comfortably.
Also read: Mobile Speaker Repair
While the on-ear or over the ear headphones might generally have a better sound quality, the earphones generally have a better seal in the ear which means better noise isolation. The quality of noise isolation can make a great amount of difference in reducing ambient sounds and distractions. It is possible to get the same level of noise isolation or even more in over-ear headphones by going with a pair that has Active Noise Cancellation or ANC but that will end up costing you a lot more money.
Portability – Do you plan to carry them around often?
If you are a regular traveler or if you plan to use your Bluetooth Audio device while traveling to work or college then portability is very important. True Wireless earbuds are very portable to carry and the modern TWS earbuds come with very good battery life.
All the TWS earbuds come with a charging case of their own and when you place your earbuds back in them while at work or college, they can swiftly charge up your earbuds making sure they are ready for your commute back home. TWS Earbuds take up a lot less space than generic Headphones or in most cases even your smartphone.
The extremely portable nature of TWS earbuds means that you can carry them along pretty much everywhere without having to worry about it taking up too much space. On the contrary, Headphones take up a lot more place than earbuds or even your smartphone, while some headphones offer a little more portability than others by offering a folding option, this cannot be said about all the options. While headphones offer you a much larger battery in-built compared to the TWS options, they cannot generally be charged through a charging case.
Comfort & Ease of Use
This is yet another important aspect while making a purchase decision for most users, while earbuds are small and easy to carry around, they might not be the most comfortable to use in all cases. A lot of users often feel that earphones or TWS Earbuds often slip out of their ear over extended use and sometimes even cause mild pain in the ear over an extended period. This can be a major deciding factor for most users as it limits the time that you can use them.
Headphones are generally much more comfortable over longer periods, these come with high-quality cushions and rest over your ear. This offers much higher comfort and allows you to use them for extended periods. Since these headphones sit over your ear and have a nice comfortable headband to reduce the stress on your ears, they stay more comfortably on the head without it slipping and falling. Most headphones also have an adjustable headband allowing you to enhance the comfort of the headphones.
Also Read: Top 10 Racing Games For Android And iOS!
When you do make a purchase decision on which headphone or earphone you want to go with, it is important to consider all the aspects that are mentioned above, not all the aspects matter the same to everyone and while some might want to sacrifice the comfort for the sound quality, others might choose portability over everything else. In this case, it is important to understand your priorities and get it straight about which aspect is more important to you.
- In the past few years, we have seen a lot of people complaining about how there is nothing new to see in the iPhones launching every year. However, this is the biggest reason for our excitement today because we now have the brand new Apple iPhone 12 straight from the Unicorn, an Apple Premium Reseller.…
- Here is the third video of our ongoing series of best smartphone deals 2020. With Amazon and Flipkart’s biggest annual sale underway, we bringing you a series of YouTube videos so you know exactly how to claim these offers and don’t miss out on the absolute best ones. In the video below, we’ll tell you…
- In this continuation of our series of the best Flipkart smartphone deals 2020, we have brought you another video explaining just how you can buy the iPhone XR for under 20,000. Flipkart has been surprising everyone this year with its massive discounts on smartphones, and with Cashify you’ll find out about all the latest and…
- As we all already know by now, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival are upon us. And we all know what that means. Discounts raining everywhere! However, it can get quite confusing among so many offers that exactly what is the best smartphone deal. In order to help you solve that problem,…
- Vivo V20 is a mid-range smartphone, which is an impeccable deal from the brand and starts in India at a price of Rs.24,990.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a top-of-the-line flagship device and a great companion for anything and everything you can think of.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime does make a strong contender since it has a few specs of the Note 9 series as well while arriving at a most affordable price tag.
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.