How To Completely Lock Your Facebook Profile From Stalkers
Facebook Profile lock is the ultimate privacy feature to help you control who sees your profile data and for whom it stays restricted. Check out this full guide to learn how to activate this feature for your profile and keep your profile information guarded against unknown people’s access.
Highlights of the Story
- Your Facebook profile is your private space on social media.
- This lock feature safeguards your private images, videos and all other information on Facebook.
- Stay vigilant and follow all the right steps to lock your profile for your privacy safety.
Social media occupies most of our life be it any platform including Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Facebook is the oldest and has always been everyone’s favorite.
Around ¾ of the world’s population are having their accounts on Facebook. It gives people a chance to connect with the world and witness a new virtual world apart from their physical world. But the worst side of Facebook is high Privacy issues. As everyone shares their personal data on Facebook, it increases the risks of your information being misused unnecessarily.
To solve this privacy issue, Facebook has come up with a new feature that protects the user’s personal information from being shared with unknown persons. It is the Facebook Profile Lock feature, which was recently introduced, and with this Facebook removed the ability to collect personal information, posts, or any other data regarding a particular person from their Facebook account by someone else.
Some time ago, Facebook introduced the ‘Profile Picture Guard’ to secure the profile picture of users. Considering the other Privacy issues, now Facebook has come up with the Profile lock feature.
What is the Facebook lock profile feature?
Facebook has already provided several privacy options. This latest profile lock feature enables the users to lock their profile photos and posts. Those who are not on your friends’ list cannot zoom into or share or download your profile photos and posts. It also restricts the third party to see the posts on your timeline. If you already shared any post to the public in the past will now only be visible to your friends’ list.
What Are The Changes Occur While Locking The Profile?
- Locking your Facebook profile won’t impact your friend request settings. Anyone can send you a friend request, and you also can send a friend request to anyone.
- The message settings also remain undisturbed. You can send messages to anyone and also can receive messages from anybody.
- Information such as hometown, current city, education details, etc., would be invisible to unknown people if you have locked your profile.
- Your profile pictures, cover photos along with about information are also locked to unknown users who are not in your friends list.
- Those who are not on your friends’ list are unable to view or zoom your profile picture. Only your friends could view, zoom, or share it. If anyone apart from your friends try to zoom into your profile pic or view it full screen, it would show your profile is locked.
- If you feel unsafe about unknown friend requests, you can block them.
Why Is Facebook Profile Lock Feature Important?
Recently, hackers from Bangladesh and Vietnam corrupted the whole privacy system of Facebook. They have stolen the data of Facebook users illegally. This Facebook lock profile feature will remove the ability of such groups to abuse the Facebook platform and hack people’s accounts across the world.
Not only that, people should avoid clicking on suspicious links and also avoid accepting friend requests from untrusted sources to support the Facebook privacy system. Facebook also introduced a Vanish mode to resolve privacy risks. The special feature of this mode is that it deletes all the chats and media files after a certain period once you activate it. It has another important safety feature. If someone takes a screenshot of your profile, then you will be notified about them in an instant. Here are the steps to activate vanish mode.
- Get the latest version of Facebook from the play store.
- Open the specific chat.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the chat.
- This will activate the Vanish mode. With this, the background color of the chat changes to black color indicating the mode is activated.
How to Lock Your Facebook Profile:
Step 1: First open the Facebook app on your Android device.
Step 2: On the home page tap your Profile picture.
Step 3: Tap on the three dots Menu
Step 4: From the options on the page select Lock Profile option.
Step 5: On the Lock Profile Page, select “Lock Your Profile” option at the end of the page.
Step 6: Once done, A pop message will appear on the screen saying, “You locked your profile. Only your friends can see the photos and posts on your timeline“
Step 7: Tap Ok to complete the process.
Your profile will be locked, and if you want to confirm, just come out from that page. Again login to your profile. There you will get the notification that your profile has been locked.
If the profile lock is not available on your Facebook page, manually modify the Facebook privacy settings to enable lock profile mode. If you want your friend to lock their profile, you can invite friends to lock profile to enable them this mode.
Facebook is an excellent social media for global communication. As the world is getting more concerned about data privacy it is time to protect your Facebook accounts for good. Locking your profile secures your personal data from hackers.
- IPL Live Streaming Free Online: Best Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches on Your Mobile PhoneBest Free Ways to Watch IPL 2021 Cricket Matches for Free
- Read this to know the top five reasons to buy the all-new Vivo X60 Pro Plus.
- How To Save Your Smartphone From Water Damage During Holi
- Recently OPPO launched its latest smartphone, OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G. Speaking of the name first, Oppo could have used some other short and crisp name and yes there is 5G also. Here is a quick review of the all-new OPPO F19 Pro+ 5G in just 2 minutes. Design As for the design, there has been…
- How To Win A OnePlus 9 For FREE?
Latest ReviewsView All
- Read the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra review to know if it is really the best camera phone of the year.