Just go through your iPhone’s Contacts and tell honestly, do you really need all those contacts, or you are just not in the habit of deleting unused contacts. Well, if the latter is the case, high five! We are sailing in the same boat. However, at times you might need to delete some contacts off your iPhone. It might be an old friend who is no longer in your life or that ex you want to get over, or even a former colleague. Whatever is the case, go through this article to find the best tips on how to delete iPhone contacts.
You might wish to delete a single contact, or sometimes, you need to delete multiple names at a single time. We will be talking about both in this article.
Furthermore, via Cashifytechbyte, you can watch more reels. However, here we’ll let you know how to delete contacts in bulk on iPhone:
Also Read: Mkv File- What Is It And How To Edit It?
How to delete single iPhone contact?
Deleting a single contact is easy on iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
- At the bottom of the phone screen, you will see the Contacts icon.
- Now scroll through the contacts to find the name you want to delete. You can also search the name using the bar at the top.
- Tap on the name you would like to delete. On the next screen, you will find an “Edit” option. Click on it.
- Then, scroll to the bottom of the screen to find the “Delete Contact” option.
- Once you tap on it, the selected contact will get deleted from your iPhone.
How to delete multiple iPhone contacts?
If you want to delete a certain number of iPhone contacts at the same time, you will have to use iCloud. That being said, iCloud stores and also makes a backup of your contacts so that you can use it across all Apple devices, including iOS and macOS machines. The best part is that when you make changes to your contact information, the change will be reflected in all your Apple devices.
Method 1: Steps to delete iPhone contacts using iCloud
- Visit iCloud.com in a web browser from your computer and not from your iPhone.
- Now, log in to your account using your Apple ID and Password. Make sure that this is the same Apple ID that you use on your iPhone.
- Next, on the main page, select Contacts.
- Press and hold the Command key on your Mac or the Control key in case you are using a PC.
- Now, select the contacts that you want to delete. The selected contacts would get highlighted in blue colour.
- After you have made the selection, click on the Settings icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- In the pop-up menu that appears, choose “Delete”.
- A pop-up message will appear, asking you to confirm your choice. Tap on Delete. And you are done.
This is how you delete iPhone contacts using iCloud. However, there is another way to delete multiple contacts on your iPhone, but you would need a third-party app, “Groups”, for that.
Method 2: Steps to delete iPhone contacts using Groups
- Download the Groups app on your iPhone. You can download the app from here.
- Install the app on your phone and grant Groups access to your contacts.
- Now, select all contacts from the Groups list.
- Scroll through your contacts and choose the ones you would like to delete. You can do this by tapping on the circle left to each name.
- Then, tap on “Choose action” at the top.
- In the pop-up menu that appears, tap on “Delete contacts”.
- Finally, tap on the “Remove from my iPhone” button to confirm the deletion.
That’s it. It is that simple. To cross-check, you can go to your iPhone’s contacts and see if those contacts have been deleted or not. You won’t find these contacts there. Also, they would be deleted from all other Apple devices. You can certainly give Groups a try.
Pro Tip: How to Block contacts on iPhone?
- Open the phone app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Contacts option.
- Select the contact that you would like to block.
- Tap on the name, and you will see the Edit option.
- Upon tapping on Edit, you will be shown the option to Block contact.
- Click on it and then confirm when the pop-up message appears.
- The selected contact would be blocked on your iPhone.