How to Factory Reset iPhone? A Quick 4 Step Guide
Factory resetting your iPhone is something you can’t miss out on when selling it. Besides, factory resetting is great if your device is performing clearly and needs that good old reset! It can be done in just a few easy and simple steps.
Highlights of the Story
- Factory reset is essential to carry out if your device is performing poorly for some reason.
- Besides, before selling it away to someone, it is important to factory reset your iPhone.
- Here is our step-by-step guide to factory reset your iPhone successfully!
Are you someone who is going to sell away their iPhone? Maybe, your device has not been performing that great recently for some reason? Factory reset iPhone is a popular way of getting rid of all these problems. Moreover, when you are manually deleting your data on the device, it is not getting completely deleted from your iPhone’s storage. So, in order to completely delete your personal data from your phone, you need to follow a couple of steps.
Besides, your personal data is the most important thing in your device. In a world where unethical hacking and exploitation of personal data is heavily increasing, you need to secure your personal data. Maybe when you sell your device, you forgot to factory reset it. Anything could go wrong in the wrong hands. So, it is always important to carry out a factory reset before selling it or giving it away to someone. So, how to hard reset your iPhone?
iPhone Factory Reset: Step-By-Step
Now, in order to factory reset your iPhone, you have to follow a couple of simple and easy steps. To do so:
Step 1: First, head over to the Settings panel on your device.
Step 2: Now, tap on the General tab in the Settings panel.
Step 3: Then, you shall find the option to Transfer or Reset.
Step 4: Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
However, a thing to note here is that in case you are factory resetting your device to replace it with a new one, you can use the extra free iCloud storage. This allows you to move the apps and data to the secure iCloud server and data storage space. You can move all of this to your new iPhone.
How to Factory Reset iPhone when Locked
Now, you may be one of those unlucky individuals who have forgotten their iPhone’s passcode somehow. This will lead to new problems as even factory resetting will not be carried out. You must be wondering how to Factory Reset your iPhone when it is locked. Then, you basically have to hard reset your device completely. This is more of like a quick way to factory reset your device by entering the device’s data recovery mode. We recommend you to do this only during situations like when you have forgotten your device passcode.
Also read: Do I Need an Amazon Account to Use Alexa?
So, all you have to do is just hold down the volume up, volume down buttons alongside the side buttons. Now, this will work for iPhone X, iPhone 8 and higher, which includes the iPhone 13. Now, for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, just press down on the volume down and side buttons. Lastly, for iPhone 6s and older models, you have to press down on the side and top buttons.
We hope this article helps you in factory resetting your iPhone today. Not only will you be seeing a major performance boost, you are now ready to sell your device as well!
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…