The mPassport Seva (or Mobile Passport Seva) app was created specifically for Indians who are only interested in passport-related information. Read this article to get to know how to apply for passport using the mPassport Seva app.
The mPassport Seva app is a simple and lightweight app that provides detailed information on the following topics:
- Passport location centres
- Passport fees
- Contact details
- Passport application status
- General information about the passport
Also Read: How to See Saved Passwords on Google Chrome?
Steps to Apply for a New Passport Using the mPassport Seva App
Obtaining a passport will now be lot easier thanks to the government’s recent launch of the mPassport Seva App, a mobile application. The app was launched by Sushma Swaraj, the External Affairs Minister, on the occasion of Passport Seva Diwas, by the Consular, Passport and Visa (CPV) division.
In this article, we’ll look at how to use the mPassport Seva App to apply for a new passport. The procedure is similar to that of the ‘Passport Seva’ website, which uses an existing system.
The following is a full description of the process:
- Open the mPassport Seva app, which is available for Android and iOS.
- Select ‘New User Register’ from the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Passport Office.
- After that, fill in the details with information such as your name, date of birth, and email address.
- After that, enter your unique login ID (It can be the same as the email ID that the applicany uses)
- Enter a strong password and the captcha code, then click the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will get an email with a verification link by the passport office to activate the account
- After you verify your account, the applicant should close the app and relaunch it
- Enter your Login ID, password, and captcha code.
- After that, select ‘Apply for a fresh passport.’
- Fill out the form and follow the app’s instructions.
- Make the required fee payment.
- The last step is to schedule a visit to a passport centre for document verification.
Track the Status of Your Application From the App
You can use the ‘Status Tracker’ on the mPassport Seva app to track the status of a new passport application. The user must select ‘Application Status’ after hitting on the ‘Status Tracker’ button. After that, click on ‘Track’ and enter the file number and date of birth.
An enthusiastic writer combined with tech knowledge. I love to share my research and experience on latest gadgets being released in the market. When not writing, you can find me grinding in video games or binge watching the new Netflix release.