Do I Need an Amazon Account to Use Alexa?
Alexa is Amazon’s virtual assistant AI (Artificial Intelligence) technology, which is quite popular. Amazon’s cloud-based voice service platform can answer questions and offer information to consumers. So, to address the question, “Do I need an Amazon account to use Alexa?” the simple answer is yes. While having a Prime account gives you access to a lot more features from Alexa and Echo, you can start using Alexa with just a free Amazon account.
With just a basic Amazon account, you can use the free edition of Amazon Songs (which isn’t bad but doesn’t have a huge selection of music). You may also use Alexa to play songs from other music streaming services you currently have, such as Spotify, Deezer, or Apple Music, without having to upgrade to Prime.
What all can Alexa do?
Help in Cooking
Alexa can convert units of measurement, such as two cups to millilitres or how much a cup of flour weighs, in addition to creating shopping lists, searching for recipes, and setting timers. If you’re counting calories, it can help you figure out how many calories you’re consuming – at least for some foods.
Personal Fitness Guide
Alexa can guide you through a five-minute plank or a seven-minute workout. The app on your smartphone will show you visuals if you’re not sure how to complete the workouts. When you pair Alexa with your Fitbit, it will be able to read data from your tracker, such as the number of steps you’ve taken, the distance you’ve travelled, your most recent weight, and the calories you’ve burned.
Find your Phone
If you create a TrackR account and install the app to your iOS or Android smartphone, you can track your device. If you ask Alexa to ring your phone, it will do so at full volume, even if it is in silent mode.
With voice control, you can stream music from Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Music, iHeartRadio, and Pandora, as well as create and play playlists within each service.
If you don’t have internet connectivity or a stable WiFi connection, you can use Alexa by pairing your device to your smartphone or tablet’s Bluetooth.
There is no charge to use Alexa, but if you have Amazon Prime (a one-year membership costs Rs 999), you get a lot more benefits such as free music and other benefits.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…