How to Make VoIP Calls Through Android Smartphone! Is FREE Calling Actually Possible?
VoIP or voice over internet protocol is one way of making phone calls without traditional cellular connections. This is especially useful if you wish to maintain an alternate number or if your network signal hasn’t been reliable. If you have a SIP account to make and receive calls or if you need to make and receive calls in an area with marginal cell service then you can still do it with your Android Smartphone by using the Internet Bandwidth to make and receive VoIP phone calls.
Highlights of the Story
- VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol has been in use for years now and allows you to make and receive phone calls over the internet
- This is especially useful if you live in an area with poor network and cellular connections
- VoIP calls can also allow you to maintain an additional number on a single SIM smartphone to make and receive calls
VoIP or voice over internet protocol is one of the multiple ways of making or receiving phone calls over the internet without a traditional cellular service. If you need to make or receive calls in an area that has dismal cell service, then this might turn out to be a real-life saver and allows you to use your internet bandwidth to make or receive VoIP calls.
You can opt to use VoIP by connecting to a Wi-Fi network and in order to do this, you will first have to set up a SIP or Session Internet Protocol service which is a signaling technology used in multiple common VoIP apps. You can also use Skype or Hangouts proprietary internet calling system.
With either Skype or Hangouts Dialer, you can easily download the application and set up an account and be able to use the VoIP services. The SIP option, however, is a little more complicated. Once you have done the setup, you can make calls anywhere as long as you are connected to a Wi-Fi network. You can certainly just have one option and get going but it might be a better option to have both installed in case of an issue with one.
You can use Hangouts Dialer to make calls for free to the United States and for a reasonable cost to the rest of the world, however, you can not receive calls through Hangouts Dialer. SIP, on the other hand, has a free incoming number but is a little more difficult to setup.
How to make VoIP call through SIP on Android
- The first step in this process is to create an account at a SIP provider such as SIP2SIP, Callcentric, or Tpad.
- You can do this by browsing on their respective websites and entering the required details on a web form, there are multiple providers for SIP services these days and you can try different options and choose the service that has the best quality of service based on your bandwidth.
- After signing up process is completed, your SIP provider will send you a unique SIP account number, it is important to take a note of this for future references.
- Navigate to the provider’s site and look for the setup instructions, you will need to find a setting for the Server, Proxy, Ports, and other specifics. If you are using SIP2SIP then it is likely you will have ‘sip2sip.info’ as your proxy but it’s a good option to check it first.
- Now navigate to the Google Play Store and download a free VoIP/SIP client such as Zoiper, after it has downloaded successfully, navigate to the Settings menu on the app.
- Here enter the exact values that you have noted in the previous step form the provider’s settings, you will be asked details including the server, proxy, Authorization Username, password, and the port for connecting. Make sure you enter the details correctly and then hit the connect option.
- You can then navigate to the IPKall’s website and enter the details to receive a free Washington phone number, this number can be used by others to call you.
You can now use the information obtained in the previous steps to test the app using the number your provider has offered. Some providers do not offer testing services and you might have to purchase a few minutes to get started. Once you are satisfied you can purchase more minutes to continue using the service and when you are done, you can try calling from a regular phone to make sure that the service is completely setup.
Using Hangouts Dialer to make calls on Android Smartphone
As we have mentioned before, the Hangouts Dialer app allows you to make phone calls to any number in the world from the app without using your cell plan minutes, as an added benefit most calls to the US and Canada are free for all. To get started, download the Hangouts Dialer app and install it, you will have to log in with your Google account and set up for using the app. You can additionally head to the settings to configure your own number to be displayed as caller id if this is not done then the receiver will see the caller ID as “Private Number”. Hangouts Dialer is a simple to use the app and comes with minimum configuration needed. It allows you to get started right away and use it for a minimal cost.
You can combine the use of the above to methods to make and receive calls for free to and from the US, you can also make and receive calls from other countries for a very nominal price. The Hangouts Dialer is a great option to make phone calls from your existing phone number to most supported countries around the world for a low cost. The SIP method might be a better option if you need a dedicated phone number allowing other users to reach you. Most SIP providers offer unlimited incoming calls and only bill you for the outgoing minutes.
- Time To Sell Your OnePlus 6 NowFri, 31 Jul'20In this video, we tried to list 5 reasons why you have to change your old OnePlus 6 with a brand new phone.
- Top 5 Fitness Apps for Home WorkoutFri, 31 Jul'20Here we have discussed the top five fitness apps that will help you to maintain fitness at home.
- Make A LightBox at Home in 3 Simple StepsMon, 20 Jul'20Now create this photo lightbox at your home with some of the recyclable products.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro: Top Reasons To SellTue, 14 Jul'20In this article, we have discussed the best 5 reasons to sell your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro:
- Top 5 Reasons To Sell Your Old iPhone 6 or iPhone 6STue, 14 Jul'20We have discussed five reasons to sell your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6S
You May Also ReadView All
With leaks and rumors floating around, it’s time to take a look at the most anticipated new phones coming in 2020. We already know the big trends of 2020: 5G is coming, along with it will come bigger batteries in our smartphones, faster speeds, more and better cameras that allow you to zoom further, capture ultra-wide images and get more detail in pictures. Of course, 2020 will also be a hugely important year for foldable phones, an experiment barely launched in 2019, foldable phones should prove their worth in 2020 and compete against traditional smartphones.
With the amount of task processing that today’s smartphone SoC has to accomplish, a good battery backup is a must to have. If your usage also involves a fair amount of gaming, using navigation and the likes, 4000mAh battery mobiles are what you need. 4000mAh battery phones in India have topped the sales rank because of the fact that a fully charged phone will last well for the whole day long depending on how heavily a user uses it. Especially 4000mAh battery phones are mostly bought as the prices are nominal for most individuals. Cashify could help you bridge the premium amount by selling the old phone and receiving the sold amount with just one click at your doorstep. We have sorted out a list of the best 4000mAh battery phones that would be appropriate for users across the globe. With Cashify’s compare option, you can differentiate prices and features easily. Our meticulously created list of Samsung smartphones with battery 4000mAh in India will provide you the most convenient way to compare prices with each other. With a single click on the name label against any phone in the list, you will be taken to the detailed specification of that phone along with a comprehensive review from the Cashify’s review experts. You can compare upto three phones at a time.
Not only this, but you could also sell your refurbished or old phone at a phenomenal cashback price from us with just a single click. Detailed specifications and expert reviews can be found on click over the mobile name in the below mentioned 4000mAh battery mobile list. Be assured, Cashify being the market leader in selling/ buying your old smartphone – you have landed at the right place to make a choice of 4000mAh battery mobile phone in India you always wanted.
Panasonic has been a mediocre performer in the Indian smartphone market for a while now. Although the company has introduced just a few smartphone models, buyers tend to neglect them often. To get a deeper look inside, we have combined this Panasonic price list for you which would let you compare prices of Panasonic devices and their variants available in India right now. With a very small product line-up, the decision to choose the right model with the right variant is not difficult. Hence, our comprehensive collection of Panasonic price list 2020 will allow you to see all Panasonic mobiles price in India. Here you will also find a complete Panasonic mobile specifications so you can easily look at the highlights like a big battery, a powerful chipset or a great camera. The list also contains Panasonic latest price in India. You will also be directed to an honest review of each device by our Cashify experts so you know exactly how the phone performs in the real world with all its pros and cons.
Lava is a budget Indian smartphone manufacturer. We have curated a list of Lava mobiles price list for our customers so they can compare and contrast the cost of various Lava products available in the market. Lava caters to a notable market of consumers, from ultra-budget phones to mid-range ones. Our carefully compiled list of Lava phone prices is made to ensure that you can conveniently find out the prices of different models and compare them with each other. If you click any phone’s name you will be taken to the complete Lava mobile specifications of that phone along with a brief review by Cashify’s experts. Further, if you want you can also compare Lava mobiles to see exactly what the differences are between up to three products at the same time. Going through this list could also help you find out about certain phones that you might not be aware of.