Earlier this year, Garena Free Fire was banned in India by the Indian government citing threats to national security. It was part of a massive 53 applications ban imposed by the government after tensions with China escalated. However, the game is still hugely popular and is one of the best battle royale games you can play today. While it faces stiff competition from the likes of BGMI and Apex Legends Mobile, most players are fans of the unique gameplay elements that the game brings to the table. In case you’ve never played the game or want to play it again, there are ways to access the game even after the ban. This article will tell you how to play Garena Free Fire after the ban in India.
Without further ado, let’s look at the methods.
Using a VPN
A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, helps you mask your IP (Internet Protocol) address so that the source address is never revealed. While you can download numerous APK files from different sources on the internet, you’ll still have to use a VPN to access the game. This is due to the fact that most of the Interest Service Providers (ISP) in India have blocked any sort of access to the battle royale game. When you use a VPN, it masks your source address, the device’s location, and the server that you’ll be using. So, to play Garena Free Fire after the ban in India here’s what you can do:
- Download the Garena Free Fire APK from third-party sources. Ensure that the source is reputable and has the latest updates.
- Go to the Google Play Store and download a VPN of your choice. If you’re not willing to pay for the VPN service, ensure that the VPN you choose provides unlimited data.
- Open the VPN app. The app will automatically choose the best location for the server. However, you can change the server location as required.
- After the server has been chosen, tap on the Connect button in the app.
- You’ll be connected to another server abroad in just a moment, and the VPN service will start.
- You can now open the Garena Free Fire app and log in with your credentials. You’re now free to play the game without any ISP issues.
Garena Free Fire MAX
While the government has banned the original Garena Free Fire, you can play Garena Free Fire MAX. This is an enhanced version of the game, with new features and better graphics. This also means that the download size is more, and it can cause issues with budget devices. So, if you’ve got an older phone, we’d recommend you decrease your graphics settings and play the game. You won’t need any VPN services or third-party downloads for Garena Free Fire MAX.
As you can see, there are easy ways to access and play Garena Free Fire after the ban in India. Moreover, you can also play a different version of the game, with better graphics and features. However, these features will only work for phones with better hardware. While you’ll have to make a small compromise, either way, you can still play this fantastic battle royale game. So, what are you waiting for? Use the methods we’ve shown above, and share this article with your other friends who want to play Garena Free Fire!