How To Port Your Airtel Mobile Connection To A Jio Number: A Quick 4 Step Guide
MNP has made the process of transitioning from one Network Service Provider to another a seamless and hassle-free one. You can port Airtel to Jio and vice versa in four steps across a week-long period, either via an SMS prompt, or the MyJio App.
Highlights of the Story
- Send PORT, space, Your10digitNumber, to 1900!
- Write down the UPC received
- Take Documents to Jio Store
- Verify, Change SIM, and Activate.
Want to try one of the most sensational Network Service Providers in India? Jio hosts highly competitive offers and proclaimed high Mbps Speeds. Or perhaps you have experienced network coverage issues with Airtel, and now want to port your Airtel number to Jio?
You can do two things: purchase a new Reliance Jio number or port the one you currently use to Jio. This byte-sized article by Cashify is a 4 step tutorial to Port Airtel to Jio just a few scrolls below!
Purchasing a brand new mobile number may be useless to you, take time you don’t have, or be a hassle. That’s why this tutorial covers the ideal alternative, porting.
It’s important to keep in mind that to Port your mobile number to any other brand, you require your bills to be fully paid and that your ownership time of your Airtel Sim Card have exceeded 90 days.
1st Step: Access Mobile Number Portability (MNP)
To begin the port Airtel to Jio process, you can initiate a port request via the MNP Service which you can access via a USSD code.
Open your texting app, and type an SMS to 1900.
Type PORT, space, Your-10-Digit-Mobile-Number, and hit send.
You need to type PORT in ALL CAPS, and no commas.
Related Read: Important USSD Codes List in 2021for Vi, Airtel, and Jio
2nd Step: Write down your Unique Porting Code (UPC)
Your device will receive an SMS with your UPC. Once you have that, go to the nearest Jio Store to continue the porting along with the documents specified in the 3rd Step.
Related Read: All Jio Prepaid and Postpaid Recharge plans
3rd Step: Visit the Jio Store
You need to carry the following documents required by your new Network Service Provider when you visit the nearest store for porting:
- Address proof photocopy
- Passport Size photographs x2
- ID proof photocopy (Driving License / Passport / PAN Card etc.)
- Photocopy of last paid Airtel bill (if you are a post-paid user)
There will be a Rs. 19/- universal porting charge with other plan charges that you pick when you sign up for Jio’s network services.
At the store, ask the customer care executives to assist you with the porting process. They will help you fill up a CAF form (Customer Agreement Form) after taking your UPC that your phone received earlier.
The Jio executives will then give you a new Jio Sim Card, which will be activated within 4 to 7 working days, while your documents get verified. ( Your Airtel SIM will be functioning until the port finishes.)
Related Read: Best Budget Plans from Jio, Airtel, and Vodafone
4th Step: Activate your new Jio Sim Card
Keep an eye out for a final SMS confirmation on your Airtel Sim Card that will contain a verification code. Keep that code handy as you will use it momentarily.
Open your phone’s Sim Tray or Port, replace your Airtel Sim with your new Jio Sim, and restart your device.
When your phone is on again, dial-up 1977 to verify the code on a call and activate your Jio Mobile Connection!
Related read: How to install Jio TV on Any Smartphone!
Bonus Step!: Install the MyJio App
Download it on Android and iOS. Open the app, and you will be prompted with the “Not a Jio user?” popup link. Tap it, and follow the in-app instructions to share your details.
You will receive a call from a Reliance executive who will walk you through the same process covered here.
That was all you needed to do to port Airtel to Jio in 4 + 1 Steps. Save or bookmark this page to get back here easily across the whole week that it takes the process to get done.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…