5 Hidden Features For Your iPhone You Never Knew
The new iOS 14 packs a lot of new features that are aimed to make the user’s life easy. Most of these settings/features are straightforward and are available in the main setting menu. But some of the most innovative features are hidden deep down inside the setting menu. Here we list out these hidden features on iPhone that you must try.
Highlights of the Story
- iOS is generally straightforward with all its features listed in the main settings menu.
- The new iOS 14 packs even more features, and there are some hidden features as well that are not available in the main setting menu.
- Here we list out the top hidden features on your iPhone that you must try
Apple rose to fame for bringing a change in the industry with the launch of the original iPhone, launched way back in 2007. Now, 13 years later, the brand is still going strong in terms of its position in the smartphone market and the iPhone is now a well-known brand.
Also read: Apple Mobile Price List In India
With that said, iOS might not be as easy as Android and, more importantly, it packs very minute features that might not be accessible to general consumers and are hidden deep down the settings menu. So, let us list out five hidden features of your iPhone that you might be unaware of. Do note, most of them are part of the new iOS 14 update, so to experience these features you need to update your phone to iOS 14.
Also read: Smartphone reviews
1. Sound Recognition
Yes, you read it right, Sound recognition. This new feature, which is part of iOS 14 is a super useful feature meant for accessibility purposes. It is primarily meant for those who need help listening to what is going on in their surroundings. When the user has enabled this feature, the iPhone can listen for sounds such as running water, a barking dog, crying, sirens, shouts, horns, doorbells and more, which can be helpful in alerting someone when something happens in their surroundings.
On detecting a sound, the iPhone will send the user a notification, which in turn allows the user to know as to whether something is wrong in their surroundings. According to reports and user experience, this feature works well, which is a good thing, since, sometimes new features are a bit wonky at launch. Do note, however, if you have the sound recognition feature turned On, your “Hey Siri” commands will seize to work, since the iPhone will be detecting only sounds.
2. Mirror Front Camera
If you like taking selfies, you might be aware as to how the iPhone flips the image so that it is opposite of the mirror image that is shown to you in the preview. That might not be what you expected while taking a selfie of yourself. Now, with the iOS 14 update, you can force the camera app to capture mirror selfies.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 15000
To do so, you will need to click on the Settings app, select the camera option, and, then you will need to toggle the “Mirror Front Camera” option on. This will result in native mirror selfies, which will be the same as to what is shown in the viewfinder of the camera app. This feature is quite useful, since most social media sites and in usual as well, mirrored selfies are common. Toggling this feature on results in a more unified experience when it comes to taking selfies.
3. Back Taps
This is less of a feature and more of a party trick, but considering as to how it can make the experience of using your iPhone easier, it still does seem like a feature. Using this shortcut, which is part of iOS 14, you can tap on the back of the iPhone twice or thrice, to do certain actions. This is configurable to screenshots, launching the control centre and more.
To use this feature, you will need to go to the Settings option, select Accessibility, Touch options, Back Tap, and, choose your control for double taps or triple taps. This can be quite useful in doing tasks that you perform often and, in using this feature, you might even end up saving your time. The feature works well too, which is a good thing to know.
Also Read: 5 Reasons To Sell Your Old iPhone SE
4. Volume Button as Shortcuts for Camera
With the new iOS 14 update, if you open the camera app on your iPhone and hold down on the volume up or volume down button, this results in a quick take video, which stops or ends once you let go of the buttons. This is quite a useful feature, considering how, in case you are in a hurry, you can start recording instantly and end it effortlessly.
Also Read: Everything You Need To Know About iPadOS 14!
In case you are wondering how to use this feature, you can do so by going in to Settings, clicking the Camera option, and, enabling Use Volume Up for Burst. These shortcuts perform a different action depending on the shooting mode that is selected.
Also Read: Top New iOS Features “Inspired” By Android
5. Adding Captions to Photos
Have you ever faced a situation where you have too many images in your gallery and are unable to find an important picture in this mess? If so, this feature is ideal for you. With iOS 14, users can now add captions to their images, which can be entered to find the images with ease. This makes it easy to find an image if something important comes up, and, it also eradicates the need to needlessly search through your phone in search of a particular image.
To use this feature, you need to go to Photos, open any picture that you like, swipe up from that image and, you will see a caption field. Add a caption of your choice and you are good to go. When you need to search for the image, just enter the caption to find the image required without any hassle.
This concludes our article on 5 hidden features for your iPhone that you never knew. We hope this article has been helpful and you can now use these features and enjoy your iPhone usage with the help of the same.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…