Everything You Need To Know About Whatsapp Pay
If you have the WhatsApp Pay option in the app, let’s take a look at how you can set up your account, and send and receive money.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp Pay receives clearance from NPCI.
- For the 1st phase, it will only be rolled out to 20 million WhatsApp users.
- It is in direct competition with non-banking payment providers like Google Pay, PhonePe, etc in the UPI ecosystem.
The Facebook-owned messaging platform is finally bringing its payment service feature – WhatsApp Pay to its users. The service will now be rolling out officially after the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) clearance. However, it will only be rolling out to 20 million WhatsApp users. This is part of the first phase of the payment feature as the messaging app has over 400 million users in India.
Also Read: Oppo A15 Gets 2GB RAM Variant In India
However, NPCI places a 30 percent cap to implement on total payment volumes. These are in respect to all via every third party payments app from January 1, 2021.
Now, if you have the WhatsApp Pay option in the app – let us take a look at how you can set it up. If not, update your app by going to your application store.
Also Read: WhatsApp Pay To Launch After NPCI Nod
WhatsApp Pay: How To Set Up Your Account
1: Open the app on your phone and tap on the three-dotted icon, which is placed on the top right corner of the screen.
2: Tap on Payments > Add payment method. Subsequently, you will get a list of bank names.
3: After selecting the name of the bank, your number (linked with the bank) will be verified. For this, you need to tap on Verify via SMS. However, make sure the WhatsApp number is the same as the one linked to your bank account.
4: Once the verification process is completed, you can then finish setting up payments.
You will need to set a UPI PIN for carrying out transactions similar to how it is on other apps. After this, you will be able to see the chosen bank on the payments page.
Also Read: Moto G9 Power With 6,000mAh Battery Launched
WhatsApp Pay: How To Send or Receive Money
Firstly, you need to go to the chatbox of the person you want to send the money to. Then go to the attachment icon on the chatscreen.
Tap on Payment and add the amount you want to send to the individual. One can also add a note.
To complete the WhatsApp payment process, you need to enter your UPI PIN. once the transaction is completed, you will get a confirmation message.
Also read: Exchange Offers
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…