Everything You Need To Know About Whatsapp Pay
If you have the WhatsApp Pay option in the app, let’s take a look at how you can set up your account, and send and receive money.
Highlights of the Story
- WhatsApp Pay receives clearance from NPCI.
- For the 1st phase, it will only be rolled out to 20 million WhatsApp users.
- It is in direct competition with non-banking payment providers like Google Pay, PhonePe, etc in the UPI ecosystem.
The Facebook-owned messaging platform is finally bringing its payment service feature – WhatsApp Pay to its users. The service will now be rolling out officially after the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) clearance. However, it will only be rolling out to 20 million WhatsApp users. This is part of the first phase of the payment feature as the messaging app has over 400 million users in India.
Also Read: Oppo A15 Gets 2GB RAM Variant In India
However, NPCI places a 30 percent cap to implement on total payment volumes. These are in respect to all via every third party payments app from January 1, 2021.
Now, if you have the WhatsApp Pay option in the app – let us take a look at how you can set it up. If not, update your app by going to your application store.
Also Read: WhatsApp Pay To Launch After NPCI Nod
WhatsApp Pay: How To Set Up Your Account
1: Open the app on your phone and tap on the three-dotted icon, which is placed on the top right corner of the screen.
2: Tap on Payments > Add payment method. Subsequently, you will get a list of bank names.
3: After selecting the name of the bank, your number (linked with the bank) will be verified. For this, you need to tap on Verify via SMS. However, make sure the WhatsApp number is the same as the one linked to your bank account.
4: Once the verification process is completed, you can then finish setting up payments.
You will need to set a UPI PIN for carrying out transactions similar to how it is on other apps. After this, you will be able to see the chosen bank on the payments page.
Also Read: Moto G9 Power With 6,000mAh Battery Launched
WhatsApp Pay: How To Send or Receive Money
Firstly, you need to go to the chatbox of the person you want to send the money to. Then go to the attachment icon on the chatscreen.
Tap on Payment and add the amount you want to send to the individual. One can also add a note.
To complete the WhatsApp payment process, you need to enter your UPI PIN. once the transaction is completed, you will get a confirmation message.
Also read: Exchange Offers
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.