How To Report WhatsApp Messages? Complete Guide
Its simplistic design and ease in sending messages have made it easy to spread fake messages among the public on WhatsApp. Whatsapp has decided to put an end to this, with the Department of Telecom(DoT) by helping people report these fake or abusive messages.
Highlights of the Story
- Sick of some unwanted and abusive messages on Whatsapp.
- Wants to get rid of all the fake text in the conversation.
- Follow the mention step to report any text.
Everything is achieved at a cost as WhatsApp has now become the country’s most widely used app for chatting but, it also has to fight the battle against fake news circulating and harassing messages sent almost every day.
Its simplistic design and ease in sending messages have made it easy to spread fake messages among the public on WhatsApp. Whatsapp has decided to put an end to this, with the Department of Telecom(DoT) by helping people report these fake or abusive messages. This is because WhatsApp has been in trouble for the last few years for serving as a channel that spread fake news which triggered several incidents of mob lynchings.
How to Report Individual WhatsApp Messages
Once you submit a report, WhatsApp’s moderators review it and depending on the message, may even ban the user if the messages violate the company’s Terms of Service.
Also, reporting a spam message or contact doesn’t undermine WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption (E2EE) practice. Reporting only submits a copy of the last five messages of the contact you report. It does not share the entire chat history or break end-to-end encryption in any way.
Follow these simple steps to report any message:
- Open your WhatsApp application and then the conversation which you wish to report. The conversation can contain any potentially harmful message or any spam messages.
- Now, long press on the message that you wish to report to select it. Select the three dots present on the top right corner to present the menu or settings.
- A ‘Report’ option will be present in that menu now. Select that option to report the message.
- A ‘Pop-up’ may appear to warn you that a copy of that message will be sent to the Whatsapp headquarters. But, you can stay calm, the contact who had sent the message, will not receive any notification of the action.
- You can also follow this action by blocking the contact to put a stop to any future conversations with them.
However, you must remember that you can report only a single message. The report option will not appear when you select more than one message. Whatsapp is working on improving this feature to allow users to report more than one message, however, it may take time. A way to work around this can be to report the contact. This will allow you to report the last 5 messages sent by the contact to you, at once.
We hope that this information helped you and now, you will not have to accept any unsolicited messages as you can easily report them and punish the person. For more such important updates and information follow us and read more blogs.
- Thinking to buy iPhone 12? Well, I would be happy to tell you that this is the perfect time to buy iPhone. We all know that the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale is going to start in just a few hours. So sit tight and read this article to know how to buy iPhone 12…
- We all have been waiting for the annual Flipkart and Amazon sale. If you are looking to buy an iPhone 11 this would be the perfect time to get one for yourself. In this article, we’ll tell you how you can get a brand new iPhone 11 for just Rs 25,499*. But first, let us…
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…