Apple ID is one of the primary ways through which Apple users access the company’s service. You might find iCloud and Apple ID both terms interchangeably but there is nothing wrong in mentioning either of them. What happens if you forget your Apple ID password? However, there is no need to panic. Let us show you how you can reset your Apple ID password associated with your Apple ID.
If you have two-factor authentication enabled then you can only access your account through devices you trust. Your trusted devices can include iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later. In fact, it can even be your Mac or MacBook.
After you sign in to a new device for the first time you will need a password with 6 digit verification code. It will be shown on your other devices or will be sent to your phone number. By entering the code you can confirm that you trust the new device. Unless you sign out you won’t need a verification code again on the device. If you have two-factor authentication enabled you can reset your Apple ID for the iCloud password. However, this is only possible for your trusted devices.
How To Reset Your Apple ID Password
Fortunately, there are several different ways through which you can reset your Apple Id password. And here are a few ways to reset it.
Also read: Best Ways To Download AutoCAD Software
How to reset your password using the Apple ID account page
One of the ways through which you can reset your password is by logging onto the Apple ID account page which is appleid.apple.com and following the below steps:
- To begin the process go to the appleid.apple.com and click on the “Sign In” and then click on “Forgot Your Apple ID or password” in the center of the page. If you have previously checked the “Remember me” checkbox you may notice your password will automatically be prefilled in the sign in screen. So pay attention to that and if that works you won’t have to reset your password you can just login to your account
- Next you will be taken to a page where you will have to enter your Apple ID which means in most cases you will have to enter your primary email address.
- On the next page if you have a phone number associated with the Apple Id, it will ask you to enter your phone number. And you can then use your connected devices which can help you reset the password. This only works if you have two factor authentication enabled and if this is not the case then move to the next step.
- Now you will be taken to a new page where you have to enter your name and email address associated with the account. Then click continue and select “I need to reset my password”.
- You will now be able to choose the method through which you want to reset your password. You can choose from different methods like to mail or by answering a set of security questions.
- If you choose the email method Apple will send you instructions on your primary email address. You can check your email id to see whether you have received the mail or not. You can’t find the email, be sure to check for spam.
- Once you recieve the email you will have to click on the password reset link. And set the new password by answering a few security questions and entering your date of birth.
Also read: 4 Best Metaverse Games To Play
How to reset your Apple ID password if you don’t use 2FA
If you have forgotten your Apple ID password and don’t use the two-step authentication process you can still reset your password using Apple’s iForgot website.
Visit the iforgot.apple.com website and enter your Apple ID username. Then you just have to follow some simple prompts to reset your password. Because you have not opt-in for the two-factor authentication method you can reset your password with email or with security questions that you have entered while setting up your account.
Once you reset your Apple ID password for security purposes you should consider adding two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication provides superior security over your password-only protection.
You should also consider enabling two-factor authentication for your other online accounts such as Gmail for added security.
Also read: How To Make Money Playing Games?
Add recovery information for future
When you can’t sign in or reset your Apple ID password your last hope comes to account recovery. Here are the few methods from Apple you can use to safeguard your account.
How To Setup Recovery contacts
The main purpose of adding recovery contact is that you can regain access to your Apple account in case you get logged out. The contacts can include anyone from your friends or family. And if you get logged out they will receive a validation code and provide it to you. But be sure that you are running iOS15, iPad OS 15, Mac OS Big Sur or later to add a recovery contact.
- To set recovery contact on your iPhone or iPad you can go to Settings > Account Name > Password And Security > Account Recovery > Add Recovery Contact
- Just read the full disclosure and tap ‘Add Recovery Contact.’
- Now ask you to authenticate yourself with touch id of face ID and choose any of your contacts
- Then you can send them an invitation and let them know you have set them as recovery contact.
How to reset your Apple ID password using Apple support app
If you can’t access any of your trusted devices you can reset your Apple ID password using a friend or family member’s iPhone iPad or iPhone with the Apple support app or the Find My iPhone app.
Ask the device owner to install the Apple Support app. Then under topic tap passwords and security. Then tap on “Reset Apple ID password”. Next click on get started and then tap “A different Apple ID”
Here you can enter your Apple ID that you need to reset the password then click on next. And follow the steps phone on your screen until you receive the confirmation.
I am geek your friends warned you about. Total nerd, always there to help you, guide you about your tech discussions. Eat Sleep Breathe Technology - That's on my repeat mode.