How To Take A Screenshot On An iPhone
At this point, we are sure that the majority of people around the world must be using a smartphone. Because of the fact that features phones from the likes of Blackberry, Nokia, Samsung and others have been mostly discontinued. Now, we know that smartphones have the advantage of doing things that feature phones can’t. One of those things is taking a screenshot which is basically a photo of your device’s content. If you want to show someone what you are seeing on your screen right now, the best way to do it is via a screenshot.
Taking a screenshot is actually quite easy and you can do it on either Android or iPhones. If you are using an iPhone and you want to take a screenshot, you have some ways to do so which we will inform you about in this post down below:
Take a Screenshot on your iPhone via buttons
Image Source: Digital Trends
One of the easiest and the quickest ways to take a screenshot on your iPhone is with the help of buttons provided on the device. On every iPhone, you have a Power button and a Volume control button which is Volume Up and Volume Down.
Now, you can take a screenshot simply by pressing the Power button on your device as well as the Volume Down button at the same time. You need to press this combination of buttons for 2-3 seconds and a screenshot will be captured. You will get to know this as the display will show you the screenshot it has just captured.
Once the screenshot is captured, you will see a white light flash on your screen, and a camera click sound. This newly-captured screenshot can be seen by you inside the Photos app on your iPhone.
Read also: Tips To Capture Great Smartphone Pictures
Taking Screenshot with Assistive Touch
Image Source: StateOfTech
We have mentioned the best way to take a screenshot above which is via the buttons provided on your device. But we also know that this might not be the preferred method for everyone. One of the many reasons being that it is quite possible that your physical buttons might be broken such as your Power button or Volume buttons.
Thankfully, there is a way with which you can take a screenshot on your iPhone even without using any physical buttons of your device.
This is with the help of a feature present on every iPhone named as Assistive Touch. First of all, you will need to enable this feature from the Settings app on your device. For this, go to your iPhone’s Settings app and go to General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch and make sure you enable Assistive Touch.
Once Assistive Touch is enabled, you will see a translucent virtual button in the shape of a rounded square appear on your screen. You can drag this button around anywhere you want on the screen and you can click on it to expand as well.
For taking a screenshot, you will need to expand this button as well. Inside this Assistive Touch icon, select the option named “Device”. On clicking the “Device” option, you will see it expand into further options where you will see a “Screenshot” option.
Now, you just to click on the “Screenshot” option and your device’s screen will flash white light and make a click sound which means that the screenshot is being captured. That’s it, you have just captured a screenshot on your iPhone without making use of any buttons.
Taking Full-page Screenshot on your iPhone
Image Source: 9to5Mac
One of the features Apple has added with iOS 13 is the ability to take full-page screenshots. However, you still need to use third-party apps to stitch your screenshots together because Apple still does not allow you to take them natively.
Basically, full-page screenshots are screenshots of your entire page rather than what is on your screen at present. So if you are browsing a website but seeing only a part of it, you can still take a full-page screenshot to take the shot of your entire webpage.
In order to take full-page screenshots, you will have to download an iOS app named Tailor which is available for free on the Apple App Store. All you need to do is just take multiple screenshots of your entire screen by scrolling and this app will stitch all your screenshots automatically to make it one long screenshot.
- Here's how to watch India vs England test, T20, and ODI series online for free. The series is set to begin on February 5th, Friday
- Tempered glass has the ability to protect your mobile phone screen from accidental drops to a certain limit. Installing a tempered glass is not an easy task and it requires precision. Here we list out a step-by-step installation process to apply the tempered glass on your smartphone.
- Rooting your Android phone brings numerous benefits that most people are unaware of. Not only does it improve your mobile phone's functioning, but it also gives you a wide variety of new features that were not available before. These advantages have been explained in this article, so do not miss out on them anymore.
- Free Fire has a variety of character skins that can be purchased via diamonds. Diamonds are the in-game currency of the game and this is how you can get it for free without purchasing.
- #LeBechDiya. What exactly are we talking about here? Well, here we want you to imagine a scenario where selling your used phone is so easy, so simple, and so convenient that you can literally brag about it. Usually when we think about selling something, it can be quite a hassle. Putting it up on some…
Latest ReviewsView All
- Redmi 9 Power is for you if you are looking for a phone which is under Rs 12,000/-, has a large battery, and you want to multi-task.
- Xiaomi Mi 10i is an excellent phone at a budget in India with a blend of more than an average processor.
- The compact and handy design of iPhone 12 Mini will make you fall for it at the first looks.