Have you just switched to another iPhone model and now wondering how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone? Well, we are here to help. You can transfer data without losing or missing any of it. Transferring data from one iPhone to another iPhone is the first step to setting- up your device, and Apple understands it very well. This is the reason Apple provides multiple ways to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, including the wired and wireless options.
Ready to transfer data? Check our suggested four easy methods of doing so.
Prepare for New iPhone
Prepare for new iPhone feature got released with iOS 15 that gives users free temporary storage space in iCloud for 21 days, thus making the data transfer process as quick and easy as possible.
- Head to Settings>General. Now scroll to the bottom of the page to find “Transfer or Reset iPhone, then tap on it.
- At the top of the screen, you will find the “Prepare for new iPhone” option. Tap on “Get started”.
- Next, you will get a set of information. Read it carefully and then tap on “Continue”.
- If your iCloud is turned on (if not, you will have to turn it on), all your apps and data will automatically start uploading to the iCloud after you select Move all app data with iCloud and tap Done.
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud?
iCloud is the most convenient way to store your data and transfer it to another iPhone easily. The best part is you will have a backup of the data that you can transfer at any moment you wish.
- Open the Settings app. Now tap on your name at the top of the screen. Then, tap iCloud.
- Now, go through the list of apps to select which one should use iCloud and which should not. You can toggle the apps on and off based on your choice.
- Backups can then be made easily. Just tap on Back up iCloud. You can also back up your iPhone to the iCloud by clicking on Back Up Now.
- Now when you are all set to use your new iPhone, you will be given the option “Restore from iCloud backup”. Tap on it.
- Now sign in using your Apple ID and password and select the most recent iCloud backup and then sit back and relax.
All your data from the old iPhone will be transferred to the new iPhone.
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone using Quick Start?
- First, turn on your new iPhone and place the old iPhone next to it. As you do this, a prompt will appear showing “Set up New iPhone”. Tap Unlock to continue. You will then be required to use your previous Apple ID on this new iPhone. Tap on Continue if you are willing to do so.
- You will then see an animation that appears on the new iPhone screen. Hold that animation to the camera of your old iPhone. Next, enter the passcode of your old iPhone when you see the message “Finish on New”. Then follow the set of instructions that appear.
- Finally, you will reach the page showing the “Transfer your Data” page, tap “Transfer directly from iPhone”, and confirm the settings and data you want to transfer.
Using a Windows PC
You just need a type-C or regular USB port to transfer data using Windows PC.
- Connect a lightning cable to your old iPhone and connect the other end to your Windows PC.
- Now, launch iTunes and click on Summary on the left-hand side. Then, select “This Computer” under Backups and click on “Back up now”.
- Now, when you are setting up your new iPhone, tap on “Restore from Mac/PC” once you reach the transfer data page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the entire process.
Using a Mac
Lastly, we have Mac to transfer data.
- Open the Finder app. Then from the left sidebar, select your iPhone.
- Next, click on Back up all data from iPhone to Mac and then click on “Back up now”.
- Now, when you are setting up your new iPhone, select “Restore from Mac/PC” on the data transfer page, and you are done.
Hopefully, now you can easily transfer the data without any fear of losing it.
Engineer by Degree, Writer by Profession. I have tried my hands on different genre of writing only to end up finding technology to be my forte.