Huawei Y8s Goes Official, No Information On Pricing And Availability Yet
Leaks about the Huawei Y8s dropped on the internet last month, which confirmed a notch on the front and a dual camera on the back.
Highlights of the Story
- The company hasn’t made the pricing go official and neither its availability.
- It is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone.
- The Huawei Y8s is powered by the HiSilicon Kirin 710 chipset.
As a ritual of updating its smartphone portfolio frequently, Chinese smartphone maker Huawei has added yet another member to its ‘Y-series’ after the Huawei Y5p and Huawei Y6p. The new Huawei Y8s is only launched in China, with no word either on its pricing nor its availability in India.
Huawei Y8s Specifications
From the spec-sheet we can assume the device to be a budget smartphone. So, there’s a giant 6.5-inch FHD+ LCD display with a resolution of 2340 x 1080. Surprisingly, the device still ships with a considerably larger notch. It feels even more dated when we consider that most manufacturers have started to replace smaller waterdrop notches by punch-hole camera systems in their devices.
Also Read: Huawei P40 5G
Under the hood is a 1.7GHz octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 710 chipset (4 cores clocked at 2.2GHz and 4 cores clocked at 1.7GHz) which is clubbed with 4GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of storage expandable with a microSD card (up to 512GB). The device runs on EMUI 9.1 on top of Android Pie, which now feels old-school.
Huawei Y8s camera department consists of a simple dual-rear camera setup with a 48MP primary shooter with an f/1.8 aperture accompanied by a 2MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 aperture. We also get a dual-camera module at the front comprising of an 8MP shooter (f/2.0 aperture) accompanied by the same 2MP depth sensor.
Battery comprises of a 4,000mAh cell which sadly gets juiced up with a conventional microUSB port, instead of a Type-C one.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.