- SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM/eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Expandable Memory NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
Huawei P40 5G
You May Also Explore
Most Compared Phones
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- LG V35 ThinqVSApple iPhone 6S₹22,490Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro₹14,499VSRealme 3 Pro₹12,330Know More
- Samsung Galaxy S10e₹46,262VSOnePlus 6T₹30,990Know More
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7₹9,999VSOPPO K1₹14,990Know More
- LG G7 Plus ThinQ₹18,999VSApple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999Know More
- OPPO F9₹17,890VSOnePlus 6₹34,999Know More
- Apple iPhone 6S Plus₹33,999VSApple iPhone XR₹45,999Know More
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8₹39,990VSGoogle Pixel 2₹21,697Know More
- OnePlus 6T₹30,990VSApple iPhone XR₹45,999Know More
- OPPO A5s₹8,990VSApple iPhone XR₹45,999Know More
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5GVSOnePlus 7 Pro₹42,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSRealme 5 Pro₹13,999Know More
- Tecno Spark Power 2₹9,999VSMotorola One Fusion Plus₹16,999Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSApple iPhone 11 Pro Max₹115,100Know More
- Samsung Galaxy A31₹20,999VSSamsung Galaxy A71₹31,500Know More
- OnePlus 8₹41,999VSSamsung Galaxy S10 5GKnow More
- Samsung Galaxy M20₹11,499VSSamsung Galaxy M11₹11,735Know More
- Motorola One Action₹9,999VSMotorola Moto G8 Power Lite₹8,999Know More
Memory & Storage
- A brilliant OLED panel
- Excellent cameras on-board
- 5G network support
- It doesn’t have Google Mobile Services (GMS)
- It is expensive
Huawei P40 is one of the three smartphones launched under Huawei P40 series. It was released in March along with its sibling in China and a few other countries in Europe. The device packs in a huge 6.1-inch OLED panel with a 60Hz refresh rate, a heavyweight triple camera setup back with a HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G chipset. It is a successor to Huawei P30 and has a 4,200 mAh battery on-board in a 9mm thick sandwiched glass front and back and aluminium frame.
Huawei P40 will start shipping from May end with a price tag of EUR 799 and in two colour options of Black and Silver Frost. The availability and price in India is yet to be decided.
Huawei phones are a piece of art no doubt. The Huawei P40 albeit sharing the same design with its Pro models has a brilliant design. The display is flat unlike its pro models and yet one of the best mounted on an aluminium frame with front and back glass. The bezels at the front aren’t that big and in fact, it is surprising how Huawei managed to squeeze the bezels for its standard variant. At the back, the phone doesn’t have any shimmering accessories but just a triple-camera module on the top-left along with Huawei’s branding and that’s probably all you can find. The device is also IP53 rated for water and dust-proofing.
Talking about the display, Huawei P40 packs a brilliant and vivid 6.1-inch OLED panel boasting a resolution of 1080×2340 with 422PPI. The device has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and arrives with dual punch-hole cut-outs at the upper-left edge. The display can boost the maximum brightness of 440 nits that jumps up to 590 nits when auto-mode is engaged.
With Kirin 990 5G, the Huawei P40 is unbeatable. The octa-core processor is based on 7nm+ EUV technology for high efficiency and speed. For high graphics performance, it is equipped with Mail-G76 MC16 GPU. The Huawei P40 has proven its mettle in ordinary and high-octane usage proving it belongs to most powerful phones globally.
When it comes to the software, Huawei P40 is based on Huawei’s EMUI 10.1 which is based on Android 10, but the Google Mobile Services are disabled by default on all Huawei smartphones. There is a dual sim support with 5G connectivity on the primary sim card.
No doubt the cameras on Huawei P40 will surely impress the masses. It arrives with a dual front punch-hole cut-out for a 32MP wide-angle sensor along with IR ToF 3D sensor. On the back, there’s a LEICA triple camera setup with a 50MP primary ultra-vision camera. Flanked with the primary sensor is the 16MP ultra wide-angle camera and an 8MP telephoto sensor with OIS, 3x Optical Zoom, 5X Hybrid Zoom and 30X Max Zoom. Combined, the device can grab videos at 4K resolution at 30/60fps.
The Huawei P40 packs in battery capacity of 3,800 mAh on a Li-Po non-removable battery that offers a battery life of over 13 hours on web surfing or 18 hours on playing videos on a loop. The Huawei P40 comes with a heavyweight 22.5W wired fast charging adapter capable of boosting the battery from 0% to 60% in just 30 minutes. The Huawei P40 can also support the fast wireless charging with the Wireless Charging Case.
An all-around compact flagship device, the Huawei P40 gives you premium specs plus 5G. It has many pros and a few cons here and there, rest all, the phone is a beautiful piece of art and a must-try.