IAMAI Reports Reveal That India Now Has More Than 500 Million Active Internet Users
Analysis reveal that a decade ago there was not as much consumption of internet as in today’s time, probably due to the fact that today’s generation is much more active and they want productive results.
Highlights of the Story
- As per IAMAI reports, India now has over 500 million active Internet users.
- New Delhi has the highest internet population followed by Kerala.
- In September 2019 India is placed second spot globally with about 451 Million Monthly active internet users.
According to a new report by the Internet And Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), around 504 million users in India logged onto to web at least once in month at the end of November 2019. Statistics further reveal that out of the given numbers, approximately 433 million users are of the age of 12 years and above. Whereas, 71 million users are in the age bracket of 5-11 years who are supposedly accessing the Internet on the devices of family members.
The report by IAMAI also noted that nearly 70% of internet population in India are active users with 9 out of 10 urban users accessing the internet at least once a week.
Previous reports have revealed that percentage of male users are approximately double than that of female users. But, its worthy to note that there is an exponential growth in female users as reports claim that 26 million new female Internet users were added in November 2019.
Also, the report reveals that Rural India is not Far behind in accessing the internet as the number of people accessing Internet daily had grown by 30 million from March 2019. Although the time spent by these people is much lesser than those living in urban areas.
Easy to use and facilitated accessibility along with mobility makes phones more reliable and convenient devices nowadays, much more than Laptop or PC, in both rural and urban India. Availability of cheaper data plans as well as good speed for Internet usage is another factor leading to the increase in number of internet users.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.