Instagram Looks To Replace TikTok With Reels Launch In India
Reels is Facebook’s version of Tiktok and will be part of the Instagram app.
Table Of Contents
- 1Features and more
- 2Creating Competition?
Highlights of the Story
- This new addition comes days after TikTok was banned in India.
- The Reels feature allows users to create and share short videos on Instagram.
Reels is a new feature added on Instagram for a new set of needs in users. Now, Instagram users can share short videos with their followers on Feed. If they have a public account, make their reels available to the wider Instagram community.
Reels is almost similar to TikTok and allows us to create 15 seconds video with popular songs, trends, or challenges. There a lot of similarities to the concept of Reels to TikTok. Facebook has brought this addition in the wake of the ban implemented in India on TikTok.
Features and more
Instagram states that Reels includes a vast library of music clips thanks to the partnership with major music labels. The Spark AR effects on Instagram enables more creation and expression on the platform.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 25000
Before the ban, TikTok’s biggest market outside of China was India. Since the ban, users have been looking for a similar platform and Facebook has made a masterstroke by releasing this new feature in India in just weeks of the ban. This feature has already been launched in countries like Germany, Brazil, and France. Now, India is the fourth country to join them.
Many users like Kusha Kapila, Komal Pandey, Ashish Chanchalani, and more were called in to use the new feature to create a database of content for the users to engage in.
A number of startups including Chingari, Roposo, and Mitron have ramped up their efforts and have claimed to court tens of millions of users. Sharechat said last week that it had doubled its daily active users in a matter of days to more than 25 million. Considering the competition, Facebook has come ahead with just one move.
Instagram Reels is for sure seen as a replacement of TikTok as it is already bigger and established. Many of the users from TikTok are on Instagram causing an easier shift of audience and better adjustment for both the user and content creator.
Wednesday’s announcement is made after Facebook partnered with Indian Educational Board CBSE to coach thousands of educators and students about a range of things including “Instagram’s Guide for Building Healthy Digital Habits” which is aimed at helping youngsters better understand the “socio-emotional space” they operate in and engage in health conversations.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.