Instagram Looks To Replace TikTok With Reels Launch In India
Reels is Facebook’s version of Tiktok and will be part of the Instagram app.
Highlights of the Story
- This new addition comes days after TikTok was banned in India.
- The Reels feature allows users to create and share short videos on Instagram.
Reels is a new feature added on Instagram for a new set of needs in users. Now, Instagram users can share short videos with their followers on Feed. If they have a public account, make their reels available to the wider Instagram community.
Reels is almost similar to TikTok and allows us to create 15 seconds video with popular songs, trends, or challenges. There a lot of similarities to the concept of Reels to TikTok. Facebook has brought this addition in the wake of the ban implemented in India on TikTok.
Features and more
Instagram states that Reels includes a vast library of music clips thanks to the partnership with major music labels. The Spark AR effects on Instagram enables more creation and expression on the platform.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 25000
Before the ban, TikTok’s biggest market outside of China was India. Since the ban, users have been looking for a similar platform and Facebook has made a masterstroke by releasing this new feature in India in just weeks of the ban. This feature has already been launched in countries like Germany, Brazil, and France. Now, India is the fourth country to join them.
Many users like Kusha Kapila, Komal Pandey, Ashish Chanchalani, and more were called in to use the new feature to create a database of content for the users to engage in.
A number of startups including Chingari, Roposo, and Mitron have ramped up their efforts and have claimed to court tens of millions of users. Sharechat said last week that it had doubled its daily active users in a matter of days to more than 25 million. Considering the competition, Facebook has come ahead with just one move.
Instagram Reels is for sure seen as a replacement of TikTok as it is already bigger and established. Many of the users from TikTok are on Instagram causing an easier shift of audience and better adjustment for both the user and content creator.
Wednesday’s announcement is made after Facebook partnered with Indian Educational Board CBSE to coach thousands of educators and students about a range of things including “Instagram’s Guide for Building Healthy Digital Habits” which is aimed at helping youngsters better understand the “socio-emotional space” they operate in and engage in health conversations.
- iPhone 12 vs iPhone 11 Pro full comparison and which one should you buy if you an 80000 budget.
- Here is a list of the top Android games of 2020 with the best graphics.
- There are a lot of features that we can easily find out just by scrolling down on our iPhone. But along with them, there are some of the features that are highly useful but hidden inside the roots of our iPhone, not known by many. Surprisingly, iOS 14 opens up the door to get in…
- Best Upcoming Smartphones in India in the new year 2021
Latest ReviewsView All
- Vivo V20 definitely stands out in the design front. It offers a sleek, light weight design which definitely has a premium feel to it
- OPPO F17 Pro stands out on the design front. From its slim and compact form factor to the dual-tone matte-finished back panel, it is a gorgeous-looking phone.
- iPhone 12 Pro is a worthy upgrade with a new boxy design and A14 Bionic chipset, plus a slight upgrade in the camera.
- Poco X3 brings in some nice upgrades over the Poco X2 but it might feel bulky in hands.