The Z61 Plus is powered by a 1.5GHz quad-core processor clocked with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory that can be expanded up to 32GB. Running entirely on the Android 8.1 Oreo operating system, the Z61 Plus comes pretty lag-free. The 5.45-inch HD+ touchscreen display with 720 x 1440 pixels resolution, 2.5D gorilla glass protection and 18:9 screen to body ratio are some of the strongest points of this phone that works towards an enhanced viewing experience.
The 3,000mAh removable battery can last easily up to 12 hours and doesn’t have any heating issues.
Going full stack on the sensors like G-Sensor, ambient light and proximity, it also features an 8MP rear and 5MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture yielding some crisp and sharp images – both indoors and outdoors which is a refreshing update compared to the other Lava variants. It can also shoot Full HD videos of 1080p @ 30fps and comes in gold and black colours at just INR 4,819/-.
Given the affordable rate and the right features, especially the HD+ screen and good battery backup – this phone can prove to be handy and of value. Here’s a detailed list of the pros and cons involved in the Lava Z61:
- Sleek and Slim Design
- Dual SIM Support
- High-Resolution Screen with 18:9 Aspect Ratio
- Affordable Price
- Good Cameras
- Longer Battery Power
- Inadequate RAM
- Lacks Zestfulness
- No Fingerprint Sensor
Overall, the Z61 delivers a pleasant viewing experience, agile battery capacity as well as a good set of cameras that can yield impressive photos. This makes it a natural choice for all the social media diehards who need to have a budget phone with all the above features working without a not-so-necessary adequate RAM to multi-task continuously.
The Lava Z61 cuts short the price with this device for some of the premium features and should prove to be a good budget option for the social media fam.
The Z61 has a pretty solid 5.45 inches 16M Color IPS LCD HD+ screen with multitouch and 720 x 1440 pixels resolution. The 18:9 aspect ratio and 295 PPI givens it a premium look and feel similar to that of the Redmi Note 5 Pro and Redmi 6A but at an affordable range.
Having a dimension of 5.77 x 2.76 x 0.34 inches (146.5 x 70.2 x 8.7 mm) and weighing just 139 grams, the Z61 is slim, super light (thanks to the plastic unibody) and a well made, sturdy phone to save you worrying from accidental drops.
The 1.5 GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio is known to work pretty smooth, but as it is clocked at 1GB RAM, it can work slower in many cases. With not enough RAM being a bummer for multi-tasking, this device comes with 16GB expandable up to 32 GB storage and PowerVR GE8100 GPU. The Android 8.1 Oreo is however fresh with keeping the operation lag-free mostly.
The Z61 goes full stack with the 8MP rear and 5MP front camera having f/2.0 aperture with accompanying LED screen flash at the same time. This makes the images look sharp and beautiful with many additional filters, predefined effects that allows capturing the intricacies in an image. This device also supports the Full HD recording of 1080p @ 30fps FHD with Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Face detection, etc. working on the video mode as well.
The 3,000mAh removable Li-ion battery can last up to 12 hours even after meticulous usage – adding the final touch of backup power with this value phone. However, in many cases, the phone can heat up while charging and using extensively, so it can seem to be a dealbreaker for some as well.
The Z61 has brought some of the most sought-out features in a smartphone under one package with an affordable price range to make it an obvious choice for Android users. So, if you don’t mind having lesser RAM on your phone – the Lava Z61 can be a worth-it purchase.
- Bluetooth4.0, A2DP
- Thickness0.34 inches
- Height5.77 inches
- Weight139 g
- ColorGold, Black
- Width2.76 inches
- Display TypeIPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Size5.45 inches
- Pixel Density295 ppi
- ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
- Display Resolution720 x 1440 pixels
- Aspect Ratio18:09
- Screen to Body Ratio74.50%
- CPUQuad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset GPMediatek MT6739WW (28 nm)
- GPUPowerVR GE8100
- OSAndroid 8.0 Oreo (Go edition) - 1 GB RAM modelAndroid 8.1 (Oreo) - 2 GB RAM model
- Expandable MemorymicroSD, up to 32 GB
- RAM/Internal Storage16 GB, 1/2 GB RAM
- Single Camera8 MP, f/2.0, 1.12 micron
- Back Camera FeaturesLED flash
- Back Camera Video1080p30fps
- Single Camera5 MP, f/2.4
- Front Camera FeaturesLED flash
- HeadPhone JackYes
- User ReplaceableRemovable
- Battery Capacity3000 mAh
- Battery TypeLi-Po
- USBmicroUSB 2.0
- RadioFM radio
- Network SupportGSM / HSPA / LTE
- GPSYes, with A-GPS
- SIMDual SIM (Micro-SIM/Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- SensorsAccelerometer, proximity
- Announced On2018, July
- StatusAvailable. Released 2018, July
Price / Buy
Get the best price for Lava Z61
Get the best price for Lava Z61
- iPhones have been around for many years now and have eventually acquired a massive share in the market over the years, this has also helped the brand gain a lot of trust and loyalty from its repeat customers. If you are reading this article, the chances are that you might also be having an iPhone right now, however, iPhones tend to heat at times because of a bad software patch or the processor working way more than the required amount. The average operating temperature of an iPhone is significantly lower than some of the other phones due to safety concerns.
- Top 5 iOS Style Launchers For Android!Sun, 9 Aug'20While most users own an Android smartphone it is very likely they wish to get the experience of an iPhone. If you are one of those who like iPhone over Android but cannot afford one, you can use one of the below iPhone launchers to make your Android phone look like iPhone. Android comes with a lot of customization options in the UI using launchers and more, some of these launchers can bring an iPhone style interface to your Android phone at ease. The iPhone launchers give Android a very similar look by adding a similar wallpaper, replacing icons, and more.
- The Best Ways To Sell Your Old iPhone In 2020!Thu, 6 Aug'20The one thing about technology is that with each passing year, there certainly is an upgrade making the new better in terms of experience, endurance, and more. If you have an iPhone that you have been using for a few years and wish to upgrade now, you might want to sell off the old device and get whatever money you can for it. There are multiple places where you can sell or recycle your smartphone in exchange for cash or vouchers thereby making it easier for you to buy your new dream smartphone.
- 5 Simple Steps To Do Before Selling Your iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20If you are planning to sell your iPhone, then you need to take a few moments to back up your device completely so that you do not lose any data. This is extremely important, and you can choose to back up your device either to iCloud or through iTunes. Before selling your iPhone, it is advised to unlock your Apple Watch and Find my iPhone setting from your device. It is extremely important to perform a full device reset so that all the data on the iPhone is deleted without any trace for recovery.
- How To Easily Share WiFi Password On iPhone!Fri, 31 Jul'20Sharing the Wi-Fi password with guests can often be inconvenient and can be a hassle when you can’t remember the complex password that you have set. It can also be an issue when you remember the password but do not want the other user to know the password while sharing the network with them. While it is extremely important to have a high-quality and strong password for protecting your Wi-Fi network but its certainly not convenient. Luckily, the new iPhone trick makes it extremely easy to share the Wi-Fi password with your friends.
- How To Turn Your Old Smartphone Into A Security Camera!Fri, 31 Jul'20Smartphones have become very capable in the past few years opening up new opportunities that were previously not even possible. If you have an old iPhone or Android device lying around not being used, then you can double it up for many purposes. If you happen to feel the requirement for a security camera then you can easily convert your old smartphone that is probably collecting dust in a drawer into a full-fledged security camera. You can also choose to turn them into a baby monitor or a Google Home speaker, there are many options to convert your old smartphone and put it to good use
- With brand new smartphones costing upwards of $1000, it can become extremely tempting to buy a refurbished smartphone or even used smartphones given how much lesser they cost than the brand-new device. While you can get a used Samsung Galaxy smartphone or an iPhone for as little as half the price of a brand-new smartphone, is it really safe to use. Phones that are released years ago run on outdated versions of Android and that might mean that they don’t have critical security updates, here are a few things that you need.
- Siri shortcuts are one of the less commonly used tools that make an iPhone experience very powerful and very useful. If you have not already spent a lot of time exploring Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone, then this article might be able to change your mind here. Apple comes with its own Shortcuts app that can automate some of the common and routine tasks that most people regularly do. If you want, you can create a simple Apple Shortcut to start playing music, disable the Do Not Disturb, and read your messages. You can easily define a routine and trigger it just by saying “Hey Siri, Good Morning”
- 5 Steps To Take Before Selling Your Old Android Phone!Thu, 30 Jul'20Selling an Android phone involves multiple risks, it is important to backup your data properly so that you retain access to all your important data even after selling the old device. It is also equally important to cleanly wipe out the device so that other users such as the next owner of the smartphone doesn’t get access to any of your personal private data. Luckily there are a few easy steps you can take to back up the data on your Android smartphone and then completely wipe it out.
- How To Download Twitter Videos To Phone Or Computer!Thu, 30 Jul'20Twitter is an important microblogging platform and has a lot of creators post small but informative videos, if you have been watching these videos then it is almost sure you would have wanted to share some of these videos with your friends and family for them to watch. However, not all users are comfortable with Twitter and most of them do not even have the app installed on their phones. In such cases, it is generally easier to just download the video and share it with them on WhatsApp or other ways. However, Twitter doesn’t show the download option by default on the mobile app or Website. Here’s how to download a Twitter video to your PC or Phone
Discover Phones Best For You
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y71i₹7,950Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreNokia 2₹5,499Add to compare
- 7.2spec scoreVivo Y71₹9,999Add to compare
- 6.8spec scoreSamsung Galaxy J3 (2018)Add to compare
- 6.7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy J2 Core₹6,190Add to compare
- 7spec scoreSamsung Galaxy J4 CoreAdd to compare
- 7.2spec scoreNokia 2.1₹6,500Add to compare
- 6.8spec scorePanasonic P95₹3,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra₹104,999Add to compare
- 7.6spec scoreOnePlus Nord₹27,999Add to compare
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20₹77,999Add to compare
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime₹9,999Add to compare
- 8spec scoreAsus ROG Phone 3₹49,999Add to compare
- 7spec scoreHonor 9S₹5,999Add to compare
- 7.4spec scoreHonor 9A₹8,999Add to compare
- 7.9spec scoreRealme 6₹13,999Add to compare
- 7.7spec scoreVivo X50₹34,990Add to compare
- 8spec scorePOCO M2 Pro₹13,999Add to compare