MIUI 12 Global Rollout To Start In June: See Complete Device List Here
After rolling out the Chinese version a few weeks ago, Xiaomi has finally launched the global iteration of its MIUI 12 custom UI which takes features and usability to the next level.
Highlights of the Story
- MIUI 12 was revealed in China in April.
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 and Xiaomi Mi 9 series will get the stable version update in June.
- MIUI 12 focusses on privacy and brings other interface tweaks.
MIUI 12 brings a lot of features including Dark Mode 2.0, the new Sunlight Mode, and it has a sleek Super Visual Design that keeps everything you need from battery, storage and memory to see in a visually sound interface. MIUI 12 will also strengthen the privacy and security of the users such as allowing users to check which apps are using what services and a kill switch to prevent any app from using any service, say location data.
Other features include multitasking using a floating window that allows using two apps at once. Animations across the UI have been facelifted to give it a refined touch. It includes new animations for opening recent apps, closing and opening apps, icon deletion and so on. There’s also new battery charging and dynamic weather animations that users will get with their Xiaomi smartphones. The new dark mode gives enhanced dark windows even on apps that don’t support it yet, aka a few third-party apps.
As per the schedule, MIUI 12 stable version will start rolling out for Xiaomi Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 9, Mi 9T, and Mi 9T Pro in June as per its first round of rollout.
Next up, 42 other smartphones will be get their share of MIUI 12 Global stable update which includes Redmi Note 7/7 Pro, Note 8 Pro/Note 9 Pro, POCO F1/F2 Pro/X2, Mi 10/10 Pro/Mi 10 Lite, Mi Note 10/ Note 10 Lite, Mi 8/Mi 8 Pro, Mi MIX 2/3/2S, Mi 9 Lite/ Mi 9 SE, Mi 8/Mi 8 Pro/ Mi 8 Lite, Redmi Note 7S, Redmi S2/Y2/Y3, Redmi 6A/ 6 Pro/7/7A/8/8A/8A Dual, Redmi Note 6 Pro/ Note 8T/ Note 9s / Note 9 Pro / Note 9 Pro Max.
MIUI 12 Review
MIUI 12 puts the privacy of it’s individual users on a pedestal. It comes with security fixes that work incredibly well and makes it easier to spot all the apps that have access to important permissions. You can play around with the modern animations making the interface more fun and even the battery usage charts are animated. The resizable floating windows that show over the apps come in handy. The Dark Mode 2.0 definitely meets perfection along with the collection of amazing wallpapers. The new navigation gestures have a lot of options such as sliding out of the notification panel to turn it into a window which can easily be dragged to the side thereby creating an effect of split-screen. MIUI 12 can automatically sort your folders according to specific categories with the built-in File Manager which is quite useful when you are someone who does an array of works that need to be classified. Being in an age where mental health is the top priority, the MIUI 12 comes with a Focus Mode which lets you take occasional breaks by excluding the camera and dialer of your phone. It also has an excellent health tracker that can keep you fit. Considering all these factors, MIUI 12 is much better than MIUI 11.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…