Mobile Tech News: Apple App Store has twice Google Play’s Revenue, half the downloads
Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store have seen massive growth in its revenues in recent years. The primary reason for it being engrossing online multiplayer games – like PUBG Mobile and classic games such as Subway Surfers and Helix Jump.
The revenue growth was also triggered by the most downloaded app, Facebook and subscription-based apps such as Netflix, Tinder, and others.
However, Apple’s App Store has dominated Google’s Play Store once again. The App Store saw revenue of as much as $38.1 billion, whereas Google Play Store earned $20 billion. When looked at from the point of view of downloads, only half the number of apps were downloaded from Google Play Store than from the App Store.
One of the major drawbacks of Google Play Store is that it is not available in China. This does create some impact on the revenue considering the number of smartphone users in China. Even when the statistics for the first half of 2018 are reviewed, Google earned $11.8 billion whereas Apple earned $22.3 billion via sales of their respective platforms.
Games For The Win
While talking about the major revenue of the companies, Apple and Google have earned as much as 78% of their total revenue from the gaming applications. The users have spent 19.1% more on gaming applications compared to others in the first half of 2018.
App downloads also boosted the revenue growth for the App Store by 13.1% and the revenue for Google Play Store by 10.6%. Google has even been combating malicious apps on its store using AI tools.
The top 5 applications downloaded from the App Store and Play Store as of August 2018 – are WhatsApp, Messenger, Facebook, and Instagram. It was estimated that if even Apple had not been available in China, the revenue it generated would have been about $15 billion in the first half of 2018.
This would still have been more than Google Play Store’s revenue – which was $11.8 billion in the same time period. App Store beats Google Play Store in the race by 30% more revenue. All these statistics show that even if the number of applications downloaded via the App Store is half, the revenue is still double that of Google via its Play Store
Which side of this battle are you going to be on? In any case, remember to sell your current smartphone on Cashify, regardless of whichever side you pick.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…