Mobile Tech News: Apple App Store has twice Google Play’s Revenue, half the downloads
Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store have seen massive growth in its revenues in recent years. The primary reason for it being engrossing online multiplayer games – like PUBG Mobile and classic games such as Subway Surfers and Helix Jump.
The revenue growth was also triggered by the most downloaded app, Facebook and subscription-based apps such as Netflix, Tinder, and others.
However, Apple’s App Store has dominated Google’s Play Store once again. The App Store saw revenue of as much as $38.1 billion, whereas Google Play Store earned $20 billion. When looked at from the point of view of downloads, only half the number of apps were downloaded from Google Play Store than from the App Store.
One of the major drawbacks of Google Play Store is that it is not available in China. This does create some impact on the revenue considering the number of smartphone users in China. Even when the statistics for the first half of 2018 are reviewed, Google earned $11.8 billion whereas Apple earned $22.3 billion via sales of their respective platforms.
Games For The Win
While talking about the major revenue of the companies, Apple and Google have earned as much as 78% of their total revenue from the gaming applications. The users have spent 19.1% more on gaming applications compared to others in the first half of 2018.
App downloads also boosted the revenue growth for the App Store by 13.1% and the revenue for Google Play Store by 10.6%. Google has even been combating malicious apps on its store using AI tools.
The top 5 applications downloaded from the App Store and Play Store as of August 2018 – are WhatsApp, Messenger, Facebook, and Instagram. It was estimated that if even Apple had not been available in China, the revenue it generated would have been about $15 billion in the first half of 2018.
This would still have been more than Google Play Store’s revenue – which was $11.8 billion in the same time period. App Store beats Google Play Store in the race by 30% more revenue. All these statistics show that even if the number of applications downloaded via the App Store is half, the revenue is still double that of Google via its Play Store
Which side of this battle are you going to be on? In any case, remember to sell your current smartphone on Cashify, regardless of whichever side you pick.
- Here is the third video of our ongoing series of best smartphone deals 2020. With Amazon and Flipkart’s biggest annual sale underway, we bringing you a series of YouTube videos so you know exactly how to claim these offers and don’t miss out on the absolute best ones. In the video below, we’ll tell you…
- In this continuation of our series of the best Flipkart smartphone deals 2020, we have brought you another video explaining just how you can buy the iPhone XR for under 20,000. Flipkart has been surprising everyone this year with its massive discounts on smartphones, and with Cashify you’ll find out about all the latest and…
- As we all already know by now, Flipkart’s Big Billion Days and Amazon’s Great Indian Festival are upon us. And we all know what that means. Discounts raining everywhere! However, it can get quite confusing among so many offers that exactly what is the best smartphone deal. In order to help you solve that problem,…
- Vivo V20 is a mid-range smartphone, which is an impeccable deal from the brand and starts in India at a price of Rs.24,990.
- Your smartphone is always prone to security risk by hackers. Read and watch this to know how you can keep yourself safe.
Latest ReviewsView All
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is a top-of-the-line flagship device and a great companion for anything and everything you can think of.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime does make a strong contender since it has a few specs of the Note 9 series as well while arriving at a most affordable price tag.
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.