Beware! Hackers Can Access Your Account With This WhatsApp Scam
Table Of Contents
- 1A Simple WhatsApp Scam Can Take Over Your Account!
Highlights of the Story
- A new way to bypass WhatsApp’s security has been brought to light.
- The hacker asks the victim to make a call to a specific number to gain access to the user’s WhatsApp account.
- To prevent such threats, one should enable 2-step verification and set up a password or PIN to log in.
WhatsApp threats are getting more common these days as hackers improve their tools and techniques for carrying out Whatsapp scam. According to Rahul Sasi, the founder and CEO of CloudSEk, a contextual AI business that forecasts Cyber Threats, there is a new approach to get beyond WhatsApp’s protection. This new method, according to Rahul Sasi, is the simplest way to hijack someone’s WhatsApp account.
The scam is straightforward: the target receives a call from the attacker, who instructs the user to dial a specific number. If the victim dials the number, the hacker can quickly take control of the user’s account with a simple finger snap.
The ruse appears to be similar to the WhatsApp OTP fraud that surfaced in April of last year. Let’s look at how this new WhatsApp scam works and how you can defend yourself from it.
A Simple WhatsApp Scam Can Take Over Your Account!
‘While there are hundreds of frauds, I want to highlight this specific one because of its simplicity,’ reports explained how the new scam works. The hoax will be more successful if it is simple and brief.’
The attacker calls the victim and convinces them to dial “*6710 digit number> or 40510 digit number>” to carry out the hack. The target is logged out of their WhatsApp account once they dial the number. Soon after this the attacker has complete control over it.
Scammers have used this technique before. There have been multiple previous reports of similar cyberattacks on other platforms. Enabling 2-step verification on your WhatsApp account and setting up a password or PIN to log in is the best approach to remain safe from such threats.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…