Clubhouse Android A Huge Hit In India: Gets Over 10 Lakh Users
Clubhouse, the invite-only social audio chatting app, has surpassed one million Android downloads in India. This makes it the most downloads from a country in the world. As per data from app analytics site Sensor Tower, it has 2.6 million Android downloads worldwide. The Android version of Clubhouse was launched in India on May 21. It has witnessed a big increase in popularity since then, with Malayalis especially enjoying a new home in Clubhouse.
Also read: Clubhouse Android App Launched In India
The invite-only social audio platform was first released for iPhone in March 2020. Since then it has racked up over 10 million downloads just on App Store. After receiving an endorsement from industry giants such as Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk and Facebook Co-Founder Mark Zuckerberg, the audio social networking app received huge popularity in the tech sector. Clubhouse recently announced that it was developing a payment function for its Android app.
Though the app is available on both Android and iOS, new users must get an invite from a current user.
Clubhouse Android App
Clubhouse just released a public beta for its Android device in the United States. According to a statement by apps analytics specialist Sensor Tower, the change came after its iOS app noticed a drop in the volume of downloads on the App Store. The apparent decline raised concerns about the app’s viability, as well as if its success is tied to individuals spending more time at home as a result of the pandemic.
India has never made it into the top 20 countries and has never been a key market for Clubhouse. With India leading the Android market, it’ll be interesting to watch if India figures into Clubhouse’s major strategy in the next weeks. Its most important markets to date have been the United States, Japan, and Europe, which account for a major portion of global downloads.
Also read: Poco F3 GT To Launch In India in Q3 2021
Experts say that while Android will offer the company reach, it will be crucial to establish a creator community. It is something the company has been focusing on recently. The clubhouse has undertaken measures in the last few weeks to help the creative community develop by assisting them with monetization. They are also implementing new tools to make content discovery easier for the user.
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…