Cyber Swachhta Kendra is Sending out this SMS to Everyone- Check Details Here
Table Of Contents
- 1Cyber Swachhta Kendra SMS: What is it all about?
- 2What Is Botnet Infection?
- 3Cyber Swacchta Kendra FAQs
Highlights of the Story
- The Cyber Swachhta Kendra initiative was launched back in 2019.
- It was created to make the cyber space of Indians a safe and protected place by detecting botnet infections.
- Now, several people have been reporting to get an SMS which talks about keeping their smartphones bot free.
Recently, multiple individuals have been reporting of a Cyber Swachhta Kendra SMS being sent out to their devices. In case you do not know about this, this Kendra was formed as a Digital India initiative to take cyber security of netizens in India to the next level. It would notify users of a cyber infection and allow them to take steps to remove the threat. This in turn would bring down cyber security breaches in the country.
Union IT and Electronics Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad was quoted saying, “India today joined the distinguished club of countries that have malware-cleaning systems for the use of its citizens. As of now, we have 13 banks and internet service providers using this facility. With the expanding digital footprint in the country, I see a surge in start-ups in the area of cyber-security by the end of the year.” The Cyber Swachhta Kendra was formed keeping these things in mind.
Cyber security has been a rising concern in the world. This was evident last year itself when the Pegasus malware took the world by storm. We do need a strong foundation to resist such cyber attacks. This Digital India initiative is one of the good moves to deal with the threat at hand.
Cyber Swachhta Kendra SMS: What is it all about?
Cyber Swachhta Kendra is basically a Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre. This initiative allows users to secure their smartphones, laptops and PCs against cyber attacks. Moreover, this was possible as a result of a collaboration between Cyber Swachhta Kendra and Quick Heal. Together, they introduced a Bot Removal Tool. Using this tool, users can remove Botnet infection from their digital devices.
Following is the message regarding the same that multiple people have been receiving recently:
“As part of Cyber Swachhta Pakhwada, CERT-In Gol advises you to keep your digital devices bot free. Get bot removal tool at https://www.csk.gov.in.”
What Is Botnet Infection?
So, what exactly is this botnet infection? Botnet infection is that when a group of computers are controlled by cyber criminals to spread malware to a group of digital device and your device is attacked. Moreover, there is nothing to worry about if you have received this text. It is just an awareness of sorts from the Government of India to remind you of the Cyber Swachhta Kendra initiative.
Besides, you can simply head over to the official Cyber Swachhta Kendra website. Here, you can get all the tools needed to protect your devices. Cyber threat cases are increasing by the day and this is definitely a step forward to securing your precious devices and data.
Cyber Swacchta Kendra FAQs
What is the exact point of a Cyber Swacchta Kendra?
The Cyber Swacchta Kendra is a part of the Indian Government’s vision of a Digital India. To achieve that, a secure cyberspace is of paramount importance for the citizens of India. Not only does it notify users of an infection but also enables cleaning. In addition, devices of end-users are secured so as to prevent the infection from spreading any further.
Is your device infected if you get this SMS? Should you be worried?
No, getting the SMS does not mean that your device is necessarily infected. However, it is a wake up call for you to take steps and secure your device from any such occurrences. There’s nothing to worry about but, keeping your digital security in mind, it is always the smarter thing to keep these tools in your cyber security arsenal. It is a free service, after all.
Why should you use it?
There are multiple reasons to make use of the services and tools provided by the Cyber Swacchta Pakhwada initiative:
- Secure the precious data on your electronic devices – smartphones, laptops, computers, etc. This way, your personal and important data does not get stolen by hackers and the like.
- Your device will no longer be the carrier of spam messages.
- To prevent your devices from spreading the infection to other devices and putting an end to the vicious cycle then and there.
How to use it?
Simply head over to the official Cyber Swacchta Kendra website. Then:
Step 1: Scroll down to see the Security Tools buttons. Tap on this.
Step 2: Here, you will see all the tools and applications needed to secure your Android and Windows device. Tap on the Download button and get it.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.