Every two months, Garena releases a major update to further improve the game and make it more engaging for both new and old players. The Free Fire OB28 Update, for example, is set to enter the server on June 8th. This time, like with previous updates, there are some big gameplay changes and new components added to the game. The detailed patch notes issued by Garena can be seen in this article.
The updated version of the game will be available for download via the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store, respectively.
Also read: Battlegrounds Mobile India Gets 20mn Pre-Registrations
What’s New In Free Fire OB28
Rank Season 7
- Clash Squad Season 7 starts June 9th
- Players will get ‘Golden M1014’ for achieving a rank of Gold III and above
New Rank: Grandmaster
The top 1000 players heroic players will be promoted to Grandmaster
- Grandmaster I – Player Rank 1-100
- Grandmaster II – Player Rank 101-300
- and Grandmaster III – Player Rank 301-1000
Battle Royale (Classic)
- Loot and purchase limit adjustment
- Added ammo and armor repair kit
- Increased purchase limit for certain items.
- Optimized loot on the ground
- Time to capture the revival point:
- Revival Point Cooldown:
- Revival Points per game:
Rank Point Adjustment
- Increase the total output rating score of each match for all levels.
Also read: Pixel Buds A Series Launched – Price And Specifications
- Increase the capacity of the Training Area from 20->25
- Added airship in the social zone
- Added Bumper cars in the race track
- Leaderboard added to battle zones.
Pet Rumble Mode
The game features updates: matchmaking from June 9th, a new mini-game, and new skill available.
Also read: Clubhouse To End Invitation System Soon, Will Allow Linking Instagram and Twitter
Weapon and Balance
New grenade – Ice Grenade (Available in Battle Royale & Clash Squad)
- Explosion Damage: 100
- Explosion radius: 5 meters
- Ice frost radius: 5 meters
- Ice frost duration: 10 seconds
- Players inside the frost zone will have reduce movement speed by 10%, fire rate by 20%. Also they will 5-10 damage/s.
New weapon – Mini UZI (Available in Battle Royale & Clash Squad)
- Base Damage: 17
- Rate of fire: 0.055
- Number of bullets: 18
- Attachments: None
M1917 – Weapon stats adjustment
- Minimum damage increase: 36 ->45
- Increase effective range: +25%
Kord – Weapon stats adjustment
- Accuracy: +28%
- Fire rate in Machine Gun Mode: +25%
- Damage multiplier to Gloo Walls, oil barrels, and vehicles:
M60 – Weapon stats adjustment
- Increased damage in machine-gun mode: +5.
- Damage multiplier to Gloo Walls, oil barrels, and vehicles: +60%
Kar98K – Weapon stats adjustment
- Damage to arms and legs: +25%
- Damage to the body: -10%
- Armor penetration: 0% -> +40%
New character: D-Bee
- Ability: Bullet Beats – When fired while moving, movement speed increased by 5/7/9/11/13/15%, accuracy increased by 10/13/17/22/28/35%
- Arms Dealing:
30/60/90/120/150/180– >45/60/75/90/105/120 will not take up storage space
- Tracing Steps improved
- Scan radius:
- Scan duration:
50 s-> 75/72/69/66/63/60s
- Sharing enemy position to team from skill level
- Sharp Shooter: Increased Accuracy
10/14/18/22/26/30->10/13/17/22/28/35% while using the scope
New pet: Dr. Beanie
- Skill: Dashy Duckwalk – When in a crouching position, the movement speed increases by 30/40/60%
Free Fire OB28 Optimizations
- Players can now enable/disable vending machines and respawn points in the minimap.
- Animations optimized for Katana.
- Optimize background for character page.
- Players can choose the rank to be displayed.