Realme GT Banned by AnTuTu Over Alleged Benchmark Cheating
Realme GT gets ban from benchmarking platform AnTuTu for allegedly cheating its benchmark tests. They have banned it from its platform for a span of three months. Moreover, the software company claims that the latest Realme flagship manipulated the results of its performance in the multithreaded workload. In addition, to the JPG decoding sections of the AnTuTu app. It launched in China earlier this month. Moreover, it comes with a top-of-the-line Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC.
They are going to remove the benchmark scores of the Realme GT for three months. However, Huawei and OnePlus are previously in the same case of manipulating benchmark scores to attract customers. AnTuTu posted a note on Weibo to inform users about the removal of the Realme GT from its benchmarking platform. It is allegedly for cheating and attempting to manipulate performance results.
Realme GT Banned?
To recall, Realme GT marketed with a score of over 750,000 on the AnTuTu version 8. This is much higher than the 708,000 that Xiaomi Mi 11 scored with a Snapdragon 888. According to AnTuTu, the phone delayed threads when running the multithreaded test on its benchmark app, in order to use the fastest CPU cores. However, this tactic helped the phone receive higher benchmark scores.
In addition to thread delaying practices, AnTuTu said that the Realme GT modified the reference JPG image used by the benchmarking platform to reduce processing times and achieve a higher score. The phone can have used mosaic color blocks instead of processing the image verbatim genuinely. It is to reduce its quality and cut down processing efforts, the company said.
AnTuTu claims that both delaying threads and modifying the reference image are against the purpose of giving fair benchmark results. However, once they see the higher-than-usual benchmark scores, it did question Realme but received no response. AnTuTu also mentioned that it is currently working on further optimizing the anti-cheating program that would be available on version 9 of the benchmark app. The new version would deduct points and levy other penalties if it finds any cheating issues.
- Coming straight to the design of the Redmi Note 10 Pro MAX, there is Gorilla Glass 5 both on the front and the back. Although the rear doesn’t appear to be made of glass, it is actually glass. One thing that is amazing here is the fingerprint sensor, which is on the side rather than…
- Read out this to know if a smartphone can replace the DSLR camera. Vivo X60 Pro Plus quick review.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.