Study: Galaxy Buds Pro Effective For People With Hearing Loss
The Galaxy Buds Pro’s Ambient Sound feature is helping people with mild to moderate hearing loss with better hearing experience.
Highlights of the Story
- The research was carried out in partnership with Samsung Medical Center, Asia’s leading hospital with outstanding health care services and research achievements.
- It studies the efficacy of a hearing aid, a personal sound amplification product, and Galaxy Buds Pro.
- Ambient Sound feature is effective in helping those with mild to moderate hearing loss to better hear sounds in their surroundings.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro is effective for people with hearing loss and helping them with a better listening experience. The company revealed the findings of a new study published in Clinical and Experimental Otorhinolaryngology, a renowned scientific journal dedicated to ear, nose, and throat (ENT) research. According to the study, the Galaxy Buds Pro’s Ambient Sound feature is effective in helping those with mild to moderate hearing loss to better hear sounds in their surroundings.
This research is in collaboration with Samsung Medical Center, Asia’s leading hospital with outstanding health care services and research achievements. Moreover, Samsung Electronics is working in collaboration with Samsung Medical Center for over 10 years. It is focusing on the impact mobile devices can have on hearing. Moreover, also researching new ways to optimize sound experiences for users.
“With rapidly aging populations it’s expected that, by 2050, one in ten people will have hearing loss. But while hearing aids are useful for managing hearing impairments, uptake remains relatively low, mainly due to the high price,” said Il Joon Moon, Associate Professor at the Department of Otorhinolaryngology at Samsung Medical Center. “The initial study findings are very promising. It does encourage people to discover alternative devices, such as Galaxy Buds Pro, that can support them in their day to day lives”.
Details of the study
The study assesses the efficacies of a hearing aid, a personal sound amplification product, and Galaxy Buds Pro. Furthermore, there are no other studies available for the evaluation of truly wireless earbuds when it comes to hearing aid. The study is the first to demonstrate the potential benefit of TWS for individuals with mild to moderate hearing impairments. Additionally, it has the potential to improve the lives of 1.5 billion people globally who are currently living with some degree of hearing loss.
In addition, the study claims that the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro, the hearing aid, and the personal sound amplification product underwent three key tests. It is including electroacoustic assessment, sound amplification evaluation, and a clinical performance evaluation.
Each device was assessed to see if it met the key performance criteria for hearing aids. Then, a sound amplification evaluation examined if the devices adequately boosted sound. Finally, a clinical performance evaluation investigates changes in individuals’ hearing levels both with and without the devices. In addition, to their ability to recognize words and sentences.
According to the study, “Statistical significance observes at 1,000Hz, 2,000Hz and 6,000Hz. It means that Galaxy Buds Pro sufficiently amplified sound at the three frequencies of speech pitches. Furthermore, over 57% of the participants report that it was able to help them communicate in a quiet environment”.
According to the results, the Galaxy Buds Pro meets all the criteria in the tests.
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…