Soon You Might Be Able To Switch From Prepaid To Postpaid Through Just An OTP
Table Of Contents
- 1How to Switch From Prepaid to Postpaid?
Mobile phone users can soon be able to convert from prepaid to postpaid by an OTP authentication. There would be no need to change SIM cards. Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI) sent the proposal to the Department of Telecom (DoT). Department of Telecom has requested telecom operators to conduct proof of concept (PoC) tests on it.
DoT ADG Suresh Kumar said in the note issued on May 21, “The PoC for conversion from prepaid to postpaid and vice versa may be carried out by the telecom service providers as per the procedure. The decision regarding implementation of the procedure would take place after the assessment of the outcome of the PoC”.
On April 9, 2020, the COAI, which includes telecom companies did request this approval from the DoT to enable mobile users to move from prepaid to postpaid and vice versa without having to undergo a new KYC process. The whole process would instead depend on OTP-based authentication.
The DoT note states that contactless services should be there to encourage user convenience and convenience of managing a business. It also mentioned that OTP-based authentication has become an acceptable standard in all fields in the past years. And also that several citizen-centric services are now provided with OTP authentication.
How to Switch From Prepaid to Postpaid?
- A mobile customer who wishes to switch from prepaid to postpaid service or vice versa must contact their service provider via SMS, IVRS, website, or official app.
- Following the delivery of the request, a message confirming the conversion request would be sent to the user, along with a unique transaction ID as well as a 10-minute OTP.
- After the OTP is verified, the user will be notified via text messaging or IVRS of the time and date the conversion will take place.
- A text message would be delivered to the user after the conversion procedure has been completed. As per the DoT, any service interruptions during the conversion phase should not last longer than 30 minutes.
In addition, a user could only re-convert 90 days following the previous conversion. Prepaid services are primarily used by over 90% of telecom subscribers in the nation.
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…
- We all have to agree that the Apple Airpods Pro is an exceptional earbud, and because it is outstanding, it has multiple evil twins, aka fake Airpods. So, have you recently bought an Apple Airpods pro and wondered if the product is original or not? There is a quick and effective way to check its…
- There is probably a thin line between Realme GT Neo 3 and OnePlus 9RT; both mobile phones are spectacular in their price bracket. However, experts like us only notice a few bits here and there. So, to help you out, we have brought a full comparison between the Realme GT Neo 2 VS OnePlus 9RT.…