You Might Be Able To Hide ‘Likes’ On Instagram Soon
Instagram on Wednesday said they are letting users hide “like” numbers to ease the weight of seeking consent from others.
A recent study shows that social media contributing to increased anxiety and social isolation, leading to stress. For this, Instagram is experimenting, and if the option is a hit, it could be made permanent.
“In 2019, we started hiding like counts for a small group of people to understand if it lessens some pressure when posting to Instagram,” a Facebook spokesperson said.
Some people found this convenient, but some wish to see the like counts so they know what is in trend. Because if you hide your likes, it will prevent you from see others’ likes too. The influencers who use social media platforms to market their product still need to show their popularity.
They are testing a new option that lets people decide what is best for them. People often get pressured because of the likes they get on social media. They start to compare their life to other people like influencers. Some experts say the unappeasable search for “likes” can be addictive and have destructive impacts on particular young people. This step will control this factor and make them less burdensome.
Giving people more command over the ‘likes’ will be the turning point to overcome social comparison. Or how we differentiate ourselves from others, on social media platforms.
Soon, Instagram will allow groups of random people to choose whether they want to see the number of likes on their posts or not or if they want to see other ‘likes’ as well.
Whatever will be the results, Instagram will soon give us a new update.
- Avita Liber V14 - This Could Be The Best Laptop Under 50000.
- OPPO Band Style is more like a fitness watch, which appears quite stylish and comes with multiple features.
- Before you buy the POCO X3 Pro in India, you must watch and read this to set the right expectations.
- We have compared POCO X3 Pro and Redmi Note 10 Pro Max. Read till the end to know which one is better?
- I recall my first hands-on experience with a Tecno smartphone was in 2018. From then till now, Tecno has significantly grown in India. I have had friends coming up to me talking about their Tecno smartphones. Today, we have one such promising smartphone from the brand, it’s their all-new Tecno Spark 7. For those who…