Nokia G20 Quick Review – Is Nokia Back in the Budget Game?
Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India starting at the price of Rs. 12,990.
Table Of Contents
- 11. 3-Days Battery Life
- 22. Camera for Creators
- 33. Clean Software Experience
- 44. Nordic Design
- 55. Connectivity & More
- 6Initial Thoughts
Highlights of the Story
- The Nokia G20 price in India starts at Rs. 12,990/-.
- It comes with 3-day long-lasting battery life.
- Nokia G20 runs on Android 11 out-of-the
Today, every brand is playing the specs war game while Nokia is playing in its league. Why do I say that? To understand it, you will have to watch the complete video or read this article. So, let’s quickly dive into the details.
1. 3-Days Battery Life
What’s the most excruciating thing about any smartphone? They run out of battery juice quickly. These days most brands are focused on offering the best charging speed on your smartphone. But literally, no one is claiming to offer 3-days battery life on their smartphone in a single charge like Nokia.
Nokia G20 comes with a 5050 mAh capacity battery and I have been using this phone for about 3 days now, and it lasted me for more than two days on more than average usage. So far I have had to charge only once. Using its 10W Charger, which is a letdown considering everyone is offering fast charging these days. But Nokia makes up for that by offering longer battery life. You will have to charge this phone once in two days, and if you use it for calling and WhatsApp messages. Expect it to last up to 3 days.
2. Camera for Creators
With its quad-camera array on the back, Nokia flaunts the 4 lens setup in its circular fashion camera module. It’s easily distinguishable from others and I honestly prefer this design to rectangular camera arrays on the corner. Sporting a 48MP primary lens, which is accompanied by a 5MP ultra-wide, 2MP Macro, and 2MP depth sensor. That completes the quadruple rear camera setup.
Nokia G20 is feature-rich with camera features and the most important camera feature has to be OZO Audio. This allows you to capture spatial audio and add a new dimension to your videos. With the rise of Instagram Reels and apps like MOJ and MX-Taka Tak. Everybody wants an affordable phone with good quality audio-visual capability. And with OZO Audio, Nokia has focused on the audio part of video recording. Further, the camera app is built with Studio-quality tools for creating high-quality audiovisuals.
Compare: Nokia G20 vs Redmi Note 10
3. Clean Software Experience
I see everybody complaining about the bloatware and an experience full of Ads in the form of pop-ups from system apps. With Nokia G20 you don’t have to worry about any such prying behaviour. Nokia keeps its operating system experience as clean as stock with a focus on only necessary modifications. Further with many data breaches, you can expect Nokia to keep your phone updated with monthly security patches. It offers 3 years of security updates.
Now speaking about the major software update, it promises two years of major Android upgrades. It runs on Android 11 out of the box, so expect updates till Android 13. Isn’t that brilliant.
4. Nordic Design
Speaking about brilliance, the design aesthetics of this phone are derived from Nordic countries, which is the home of the mobile phone maker. As a Finnish brand, Nokia brings Nordic elegance to its smartphones, and G20 isn’t left out from that design language. It comes in two Nordic-inspired colours, Night and Glacier.
Talking about the design, I would like to highlight the decision to add a dedicated Google Assistant button. It comes in handy whenever you want to call out the mighty assistant to answer your queries.
Everybody I know uses a Google Assistant on a daily basis, and what better way than to make it easier to activate your favourite assistant.
5. Connectivity & More
Now if I talk about connectivity, then I should also talk about security. It has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, probably the most intuitive placement for a physical fingerprint sensor. Diving into details about connectivity, it has dual SIM slots and a dedicated microSD card slot for expanding storage up to 512GB. Yes, 512GB.
Nokia offers 4G+ carrier aggregation on its G20. Further adding to the list is Bluetooth 5.0 support. All in all, I found Nokia G20 comes with all the standard features and more, you expect from a smartphone priced in this range.
Nokia G20 at Rs 12,990 may not be the best choice as far as a spec to price ratio is considered in the market right now. But it is a value for money as far as features to price ratio is considered.
Further, the long battery life and solid Nordic design make sure your money spent on this phone is worthwhile.
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…
- We all have to agree that the Apple Airpods Pro is an exceptional earbud, and because it is outstanding, it has multiple evil twins, aka fake Airpods. So, have you recently bought an Apple Airpods pro and wondered if the product is original or not? There is a quick and effective way to check its…
- There is probably a thin line between Realme GT Neo 3 and OnePlus 9RT; both mobile phones are spectacular in their price bracket. However, experts like us only notice a few bits here and there. So, to help you out, we have brought a full comparison between the Realme GT Neo 2 VS OnePlus 9RT.…