Oppo A92s Launched In China: 5G Connectivity, 120hz Display, Six Cameras And More
Despite the global coronavirus pandemic, the smartphone market is flooding with newcomers, almost from every other smartphone brand.
Highlights of the Story
- The Oppo A9s is a mid-ranged device with 5G connectivity.
- It’s the first device to feature MediaTek’s Dimensity 800 5G SoC.
- It offers a quad-rear camera setup along with dual-punch hole cameras.
The Oppo A92s was rumoured for quite a long time and it was assumed to be quite interesting due to the fact that the company would be introducing this as a premium mid-range segment with 5G connectivity.
Oppo A92s Specifications
The Oppo A92s gets some of the industry leading internals packed in a modern and gorgeous looking body. It has a dual-punch hole panel, 5G connectivity, a higher refresh rate panel and a side mounted physical fingerprint scanner.
So, there’s an updated 6.57-inch FHD+ IPS LCD display with a 120hz refresh rate along with dual-pill-shaped punch-hole for housing the selfie cameras. Powering the device is MediaTek’s Dimensity 800 5G SoC which was announced last year in December. Fun Fact, the A92s is the world’s first handset to flaunt this SoC. Designed specifically for the mid-range smartphone segment, the chipset is an octa-core one that can deliver clock speeds of up to 2GHz.The chipset is clubbed with 6GB/8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
Oppo smartphones have always been camera-centric and the A92s also seems to be one. The Oppo A92s boasts six cameras in total. At the back is a quad-camera setup arranged in a rectangular array which is quite popular nowadays. The primary is a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor which is accompanied by an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle sensor. The third is a 2MP macro camera with the fourth being a 2MP depth sensor. At the front is a dual-camera setup consisting of a 16MP primary sensor and a 2MP ultra-wide sensor stacked horizontally in a pill-shaped punch-hole.
With the modest 400mAh cell juicing up the device, we get support for 18W fast charge. The device runs on the latest version of Android, i.e. Android 10 with Oppo’s custom skin on Top.
The Oppo A92s is currently launched in China only, with no word for Indian launch. The handset starts at CNY 2,199 (Roughly ₹23,800) for the 6GB RAM and 128GB of storage variant. There is also an 8GB RAM and 128GB storage option available at CNY 2,499 (roughly ₹27,000). Users get to choose between two colour options – Black and White.
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…
- Nokia G20 comes as the latest budget offering by HMD Global in India.
- Today, OPPO brings yet another charming smartphone for you to flaunt in style. After the Reno5 Series earlier this year, the brand has today launched its all-new Reno6 Series. And we have the Reno6 Pro 5G, which is now launched in India starting at a price tag of Rs. 39,990 for the 12GB+256GB variant. We…
- I have a quick question for you. How much are you willing to spend on your next Bluetooth speaker? If you are going to answer above Rs.5000, then maybe you don’t have to spend that much. Because today we are reviewing Sony’s all-new SRS-XB13 Bluetooth speaker, which is priced at Rs.3,990 and could very well…
- Today, we will be talking about the iQOO Z3 camera which is one of the best performing cameras under the Rs. 20,000 segment. We will be first discussing the camera specifications of the phone: Camera Specifications iQOO Z3 comes with a triple rear camera setup with a 64MP primary camera, 8MP ultra wide angle lens…