Rapid Charging vs Quick Charging vs Dash Charging: Who’s Winning?
All flagships and even mid-range devices now offer fast charging support. But they all seem to be called by different names. From a consumer perspective, this can get rather confusing. Which is why we’re here to clarify it for you.
Let’s compare OnePlus’s Dash Charging, LG’s Rapid Charging, and the popularly used Quick Charging.
Qualcomm’s Quick Charge is the most common fast charging brand. It works with all Snapdragon-powered phones. Usually, you’ll need to use the power adapter that came with the handset, or any suitable third-party adapter. Without that, the charging is likely to be at a normal pace.
This technology mainly focuses on maximizing phone charging transfer while being efficient. Quick Charge 2.0 allows for charging power levels of 36 Watts in certain situations.
High AC current from your wall outlet is converted into into a device safe amount wall adapters. The current drawn will vary from device to device, but normally is 1-2.4 Amps. When you apply a higher current such as these, it results in more power being transmitted making charging times faster.
Rapid Charging is the exact same thing. It is licensed technology from Qualcomm, being used by smartphone manufacturers as a marketing gimmick.
OnePlus claims Dash can give you 60% power in just half an hour. The OnePlus 5 is also said to remain perfectly cool during charge and even after a full Dash Charge.
The system used an 11V/5A charging connector that can offer a maximum output of 55W – more than Quick Charging. There is a heat-management system too.
So there you have it – fast charging options are largely the same thing, except for the OnePlus, which offers more power.
Is it time to upgrade to a phone with fast charging capabilities? We’d recommend so. There’s a life before fast charging, and a life after it. Trust us.
- Finally IPL 2020 is around the corner. After all the uncertainties because of this Covid-19 pandemic situation, the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League is ready to hit the ground. It's really good news to the cricket fans from every corner of the globe. People are searching for different streaming platforms to watch IPL online. Here we have provided 5 best platforms to stream IPL from mobile.
- Here are a few tips, tricks and hacks to play Garena Free Fire which will make you forget PubG.
- Sitting at the comfort of home, learn how you can change the battery of your OnePlus smartphone at home.
- If you are searching for a new smartphone, there are various features to look for, that you should consider while purchasing. In terms of internal specifications and exterior designs, smartphones have come a long way. While choosing a smartphone, one of the hard choices to make apart from other specifications is the smartphone body. Here…
- In this era, smartphones have grown to be an essential part of our lives but purchasing a perfect smartphone is a tedious process. Apart from other features, when it comes to buying a smartphone based on its display, a variety of displays are available in the market across a wide range of smartphones and it’s…
- Samsung Galaxy M31s is a new addition to the Monster M-series by Samsung with large battery life and great overall performance.
- The Redmi Note 9 Pro/Pro Max is a premium-looking phone with a good camera and battery.
- Vivo X50 is a mid-range smartphone with an ultimate camera performance.