Rapid Charging vs Quick Charging vs Dash Charging: Who’s Winning?
All flagships and even mid-range devices now offer fast charging support. But they all seem to be called by different names. From a consumer perspective, this can get rather confusing. Which is why we’re here to clarify it for you.
Let’s compare OnePlus’s Dash Charging, LG’s Rapid Charging, and the popularly used Quick Charging.
Qualcomm’s Quick Charge is the most common fast charging brand. It works with all Snapdragon-powered phones. Usually, you’ll need to use the power adapter that came with the handset, or any suitable third-party adapter. Without that, the charging is likely to be at a normal pace.
This technology mainly focuses on maximizing phone charging transfer while being efficient. Quick Charge 2.0 allows for charging power levels of 36 Watts in certain situations.
High AC current from your wall outlet is converted into into a device safe amount wall adapters. The current drawn will vary from device to device, but normally is 1-2.4 Amps. When you apply a higher current such as these, it results in more power being transmitted making charging times faster.
Rapid Charging is the exact same thing. It is licensed technology from Qualcomm, being used by smartphone manufacturers as a marketing gimmick.
OnePlus claims Dash can give you 60% power in just half an hour. The OnePlus 5 is also said to remain perfectly cool during charge and even after a full Dash Charge.
The system used an 11V/5A charging connector that can offer a maximum output of 55W – more than Quick Charging. There is a heat-management system too.
So there you have it – fast charging options are largely the same thing, except for the OnePlus, which offers more power.
Is it time to upgrade to a phone with fast charging capabilities? We’d recommend so. There’s a life before fast charging, and a life after it. Trust us.
- The OnePlus 9R was launched in April as a reasonable and appealing option for smartphone users who did not want to spend more than Rs 40,000. Then the 2021 launches rolled down, and the OnePlus 9R was no longer as competitive as it had been– it had simply become the most affordable way to get…
- The IPL 2021 resumption matches have been scheduled to kick off from September 19, 2021. When it comes to the location, the matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Now, as the IPL 2021 schedule and stadium information are out of the way, let us talk a bit about the matches. The…
- In this article, we will be talking about a very popular Apple phone which is the iPhone 11. There is a huge confusion revolving around whether one should buy this iPhone in 2021 or not? Hence, we will be talking about 5 reasons that make buying the iPhone 11 worth it even in 2021. Also…
- Should you buy iPhone 12 in 2021? Or wait for iPhone 13?
- Lately, Tecno has been slaying the competition in the sub-Rs10,000 price bracket. Last we made a video of Tecno Spark 7, which was launched at Rs 8,999. Today, the brand has sent us their Tecno Camon 17, which is launched in India at Rs 12,999. Processor Gone are the days when we used to complain…